What are you watching

What’s incredulous is that she was a practicing church minister......with ZERO conscience! How any of those involved can actually sleep at night beggars belief. And what about the Fujitsu employees who knew what was happening?
Thinking abput this, the P.O. were dealing with many offices,all handling large sums of cash and if it leaked out the system wasn't recording transactions properly, could have opened the floodgates to any amount of fiscal abuse.
Doesn't excuse the misery heaped on the postmasters, but the whole situattion may have been avoided,had the P.O. and Fujitsu chosen not to conceal it.
Hard to believe the Government werem't involved in the initial deception too, though I doubt the inquiry will plumb to their depth.

Last edited:
What I am confused about (and I don’t think it’s been mentioned), if the Fujitsu employees could change the figures, then which ones were doing so and why? That hasn’t been explained. What was the reason for for changing it? It couldn’t benefit Fujitsu. Unless someone from the Post Office instructed them to in which case, this is more serious than remotely imagined. Or am I missing something?

Edited as I just found this on the BBC website - makes for staggering reading!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61020075

Last edited:
I can't help thinking the PO default position was to assume people were stealing from them and to hell with any protestations of innocence.

The people who decided on this default position need to go to jail.

And the PO needs to be brought back into public ownership.

Band Of Brothers.
I know it's old but I keep dipping in when I see it and then watching the whole thing.......at least 6 times now. The Pacific too.

Last edited:
Been watching Suits which is an easy watch.

For about the 5th time I have started to watch the Fight Club but again I failed to get past Edward Norton spouting a load of **** for 15 minutes.

Maybe someday I will watch it but not today.

The Musketeers being repeated on Drama on Saturdays. Yum yum and yum :p

Also This Life which was different to a lot of stuf back in the day. Very fresh faced Andrew Lincoln and Jack Davenport amongst the cast.

The Musketeers being repeated on Drama on Saturdays. Yum yum and yum :p

Also This Life which was different to a lot of stuf back in the day. Very fresh faced Andrew Lincoln and Jack Davenport amongst the cast.

Have to COMPLETELY agree with you on The Musketeers! Proper eye candy!

I get the eye candy bit and Mrs O watches it to see how close they get to comparison with me but the drama is shite, as is the dialogue.

Durty buggers...

Anyroads, we're only two weeks into the new year and I'm on my first viewing of Red River. Probably the first of six or seven for the year.

I watch it almost as often as I do Where Eagles Dare (which I watched twice more in December).

Never tire of them.

Last edited:
Who’s worrying about the drama? It’s proper swashbuckling escapism :

Seriously good looking young men. Have huge soft spot for Tom Burke. Went to the theatre to watch him in a play I have absolutely no memory of other than the one of the fellow cast members was also from The Musketeers and she was SO bad it was a gringe fest.
His father was Dr Watson to Jeremy Brett's Sherlock. :)

What’s incredulous is that she was a practicing church minister......with ZERO conscience! How any of those involved can actually sleep at night beggars belief. And what about the Fujitsu employees who knew what was happening?

And how did nobody at the post office question why so many were suddenly stealing. Horrendous at every level and shocking that it took a tv drama to get some traction. So many guilty of turning a blind eye.

Well they clearly did but just decided to cover it up for their own purposes. Otherwise they would have to admit that the software was faulty. Easier to bully the little guy...that’s what big corporations do.

I am currently going through an extremely long case regarding business rates, valuation office etc. It didn’t matter how much I explained to multiple admin staff in the council offices, they just didn’t care about me as an individual. It’s been going on nearly as long as the PO and I threw everything at it. So I pay them £10/month. The ironic thing is that were I trading now, I would not be liable for business rates for the size of my business. But they don’t care. I am merely a name in a file who they have as a bad debt.

You are probably suffering from the same thing, JJ, the computer says you owed it and officials can't buck the computer. Have you enlisted your MP? If not, there is still a certain mystique around which gets officialdom bosses jumping about if they get a complaint referred by an MP. Might work, even though it obviously didn’t in the PO debacle. Maybe an equally large scandal is that it has taken a TV show to jerk the mighty into action.

Last edited:
Back