Betfair hurdle day.

Outsider

Rookie
I seem to be having some issues blogging.
Cheltenham 2023 a/p.it says if you put the same heading it will update it to include the previous but as you can see it doesnt and somehow I've got 3 consecutive posts the same.
I know I'm not the brightest so I dont know what to do.

Anyway on to tomorrow.
Betfair hurdle
ICARE ALLEN 9/1 4th in last years champion hurdle btn 7L giving 7lb to honeysuckle and epatante is good form and it finished 3rd to Merlin giant who is my choice for the county hurdle so a good performance would give me more hope for Cheltenham.
I also like his stablemate No ordinary joe and Rubaud.

MISTER COFFEY 245U 11/2 being ridden by Derek O'connor which is likely to get him to familiarise him with it ready for the NH chase at Cheltenham, him and fleet street were my big ew double at Cheltenham when both finished 2nd....2nd

BARRIER PEEK 430U can win again but at 5/4 i can let him go.1st
RISK D'ARGENT 210U 8s into 5s but needs to jump better than last time.
SIR ALLEN 105n 7/2 should have every chance.1st

It was saint Roy who finished 4th in the Champion Hurdle wasn't it, mate?

Icare Allen finished 4th in the Triumph Hurdle to Vaubon.

Anyway, JP has three in the race, the lowest weighted being Filey Bay and IA keeps his weight down nicely, I reckon.

Yes sorry.i also put saint ROI up on a/p and got mixed up(old age)
Filey bay bought by JP but I didnt think its form was anything special.

Merlin giant impressed me and Icare allen was giving it loads of weight.
Merlin went up 11lb I think or 13.

Filey Bay has run and won twice looking like a big baby, novicey.

How he'll cope with the hurley-burley of this we don't know but he looks like he's got stacks of potential as he matures.

Emmet Mullins will know the time of day, presumably, since he trained both Merlin's Giant and Filey Bay. Interesting That Filey is a strong fav.

Yes he does train both merlins and filey so he should have an idea.
IA was giving 13lb to mg and is giving 13lb to filey who has gone up 16lb for those 2 wins.
If he had run MG instead then IA would gave been 9lb better off but I would still have favoured MG so I have to back IA.
Someone said on the forum it was favourite because of the trainer/owner.
We will find out tomorrow.

I'll probably do Master Chewy ew, too. The race hase a good record recently with novices apparently and he could be really well handicapped.

2 winners and a 2nd so cant complain.
Icare allen was never in it today.possibly the going or maybe it just needs to drop a few pounds.

Yup. Not a bad return at all, mate.

Just a sticky jump at the second last that did for Filey imo.

Back