Last 2023 Saturday

barjon

Conditional
It’s been pissing down here all morning and I’m not that far from Newbury so whether the going there stays good/soft is doubtful. Henderson has a full hand of top notchers out there today and he won’t want to risk them if it gets too bad.

Too late for his Spring Note who has won the first.

12:40 apparently the next superstar for him we’ll see what Jeriko Du Reponet is made of, but I’m not going to risk a lot to win very little. Also be interested to see how JAITROPLACLASSE goes.

1:50 interesting one for him in Steal A March he was quite confident in this one for the PerTemps final, but he went wrong. Says he8s going the same route this year and needs to get him qualified. Henderson says he’s a bit burly at the moment, so maybe not this time.

3:00 Willmount did win very impressively, but this is a jump in class and there’s some hot opposition to deal with. Could be anything, but 9/4 is a tempter.

3:35 Henderson has really been looking forward to getting Walking on Air out and he has high hopes for him. Should really just see how he goes, but again 4/1 is a tempter for him to overcome the good favourite.

Nico De Boinville suffers broken collarbone in Doncaster fall

sportinglife

Nico de Boinville will miss several weeks of action after breaking his collarbone in a fall at Doncaster on Friday.

The 34-year-old was riding 13/8 favourite Therapist for his boss Nicky Henderson in the La-Z-Boy At KC Sofa’s Fillies’ Juvenile Maiden Hurdle when coming to grief at the second-last flight.

It continued a mixed Christmas period for the rider who tasted success aboard his star mount Constitution Hill and hot Triumph Hurdle prospect Sir Gino at Kempton, but was unseated from Shishkin at the second last when leading Boxing Day’s King George VI Chase.

De Boinville confirmed in his Unibet blog on Saturday: "Unfortunately, I took a crunching fall on Therapist at Doncaster on Friday, and I will be out for a while.

"I pretty much knew that it wasn’t a routine departure soon after I hit the deck, and an X-ray this morning confirmed that I had broken my clavicle.

"It’s obviously annoying, with so many of our good horses looking to prove themselves in better races at this time of the year, as at Newbury today, but it’s only a small-scale setback in the grand scheme of things.

"I don’t know exactly how long I will be out for at the moment, but I’ll just have to get my head down and concentrate on the recovery.

"Others are in a far worse spot than me, so I won’t be feeling sorry for myself."

He will be back in three weeks.

Willmount emptied very quickly....ground most likely explanation. Unless wind/bleeding issue,

Seemed to have been travelling ok beforehand, jinny?

Last edited:
I hope it’s just the really bad ground but he stopped quickly which is a concern.

Apparently missed the big gamble on Spring Note who toyed with the field having come down from 9/1 overnight to 11/4F. Hauled in front of the stewards the Henderson camp said “he benefitted from the drop in distance” which was noted. “Noted” being code for we believe you, thousands wouldn’t.

Jeriko Du Reponet won as a heavy odds-on shot should and there’s a lot more going to be heard from this one. Jaitroplaclasse had a good experience, but got lost when push came to shove - sights to be lowered?

Steal A March ran respectably, but did indeed need the run. look forward to next time.

God knows what happened to Willmount who disappeared very quickly and if there wasn’t anything amiss put in a dismal performance that does not bode well. Ground maybe? Or not as good as I thought.

Walking On Air was unlucky in his first chasing experience. Shunted across the track by the winner he was switched, losing more ground that he was beaten by. Next time.

Last edited:
Back