Prix Ganay 2.50 Longchamp Sunday

Ian_Davies

Amateur Rider
I love my French Flat racing and I shall be interested to see how Horizon Dore and Zarakem get on in this historic 1m2f Group 1 on Sunday in Paris.

Feed the Flame was favourite when getting beat by the two that interest you Ian in the Prix d'Harcourt...
The fact he finished behind Mansour has my thinking he is either finished, very inconsistent or using it as a prep for this. At 7/1 I'm happy to take a poke on the latter

4/1 is certainly over double the odds of 7/4, but tbh I could see the horse starting more like the 4s on the pari-mutuel.

The Official Handicapper clearly thought he was hugely flattered to get as close to Ace Impact as he did at Deauville in what was basically the latter's Arc prep.

In fact if this was a Handicap Al Riffa would be getting 7lb from Horizon Dore.

Interesting runner, though, IMO.

I haven't studied the race but HD is clear top on RPRs and I'm struggling to see how anything else can lay claims to have a better shout.

Of course, something could improve past him but 4/1 HD looks on the generous side.

This is pleasing to read as I obtained 7/1 about Horizon Dore yesterday.

It's an open race and it wouldn't shock me if a number of them won, but Horizon Dore has some good closing sectional times to his name and if it devolves into the sprint finish that many Gallic contests do, I am hoping he won't half be motoring at the business end.

Interesting race - it looked to me like about three of them might have been given a bit too much to do by their pilots.

I think Feed The Flame needs a strongly-run 1m4f.

Back