Sc9ttish national day

Outsider

Rookie
The Scottish national looks a cracker on paper doesn't it.
With Stay away Fay the class horse,but 12 st is a big ask.
Plenty of front runners to make it interesting.
I've got good prices about INIS OIRR 20/1 and MR VANGO 20/1.
and a pound ew on Tommie beau 50/1.
I've added another now with BEAUPORT 20/1 won the midlands national despite going the scenic route and the jockey finishing with only one iron.
Willie sends 6 and Skelton has an unexposed one to make it interesting.

I have a thing about trainers ruining hcap marks and I've done 2 tomorrow that could be in that category
NAVAGIO 315NB 10/1
and
EARLS 245C 16/1.

Ive had to stick with FIRST STREET 12/1 taken in the Scottish champion hurdle.

..and my Surrey Quest just beaten by a painful inch!! But great run. Bad luck with your others, how many times does that happen when you get a good one in and the others bomb. I could write a book!!

I wasn't surprised to be honest. Navagio needed to protect his mark and Hendersons horses are in and out and first street was never going and made a bad mistake.
I did have a saver on metal merchant and Tommy's Oscar and a couple of ew shouts with Faylaq and asadjameira so not a bad day but could have been better with Earls winning.

Yeah Faylaq and Asadj, could not see either out of the first 4. I'm sure Faylaq has at least one in him, maybe 1m6 to 2 miles is what he really needs now. Should be able to get double figures in the next race still, unless they drop in class.

Back