TV coverage

I assume he thought (correctly) there was no chance of a double disq.

No way was the winner not going to get that.

I wish I could comment on the TV coverage. Had a nightmare this afternoon.

So, I had a shift in my Ladbrokes shop today, 0730-1700. Behind the counter we did have four monitors two showing whatever we choose, normal TV, which also feed to the shop floor. The shop floor we have like a dozen screens, two really big ones that show the Racing. Two of the smaller screens show whatever the cashier decides. Last Sunday if you walked into my Shop two of the screens would have had Paris-Roubaix on.

The other two monitors behind the counter show prices and also the racing feed from the two big screens on the shop floor if one presses the appropriate button.

This set up has changed with an upgrade in our TV gantry. The screens are all bigger and the four monitors behind the counter are bigger and have HD. However, two of them ONLY have price info now, no TV/racing feed. The other two which normally have SKY on still do, but the channel is chosen by someone in head office. Today, they decided frigging IPL Cricket was more appropriate for us than ITV Racing or even the Masters. So I missed all the Racing.

Megan Nicholls unsurprisingly wasn't asked to say a word about Peslier yesterday -she just stood there like a dummy.I'm not sure what her paddock assessment of Group class flat horses is worth.It is shocking nepotism -she is such a lightweight.

At The Racing Forum I made myself very unpopular in some quarters by constantly reminding everyone I only watch racing on mute on betting apps, tuning in at post time and switching off after they pass the line, though I also watch muted replays on sportinglife.com later on.

I will undertake to only post this once here.

My rationale, for anyone interested, is that I don't want the views of literally any of them on any channel to pollute my independent thinking - I neither want to be swayed nor take a contrary view for the sake of being different.

Plus I don't like any of them - literally - to the extent that if I had to watch racing with the volume up I couldn't follow the sport any more.

I've been watching this way since Serpentine's Covid Derby and I'm enjoying the sport more than ever as a result.

In fact, a big factor in me seldom going racing any more is I can't mute the tannoy at a racecourse!

Viewers of all racing on all channels have my deepest sympathy - but there is another way!

Silence is golden!

What is it with Ed Chamberlain’s utter obsession with the female trainer who I dislike intensely? Every single time she has a runner, he bigs her up. Last week they interviewed her when her horse was a huge price. “Oh she’s such a great trainer, yada, yada.....” I know I’m hypersensitive over this but she does have a pretty serious court case pending against her and her appalling treatment of her staff.

Sorry rant over....just sometimes need to express! :axeman2::axeman::sniper::machinegunner: (Can you tell I’m loving these emojis......)

At The Racing Forum I made myself very unpopular in some quarters by constantly reminding everyone I only watch racing on mute on betting apps, tuning in at post time and switching off after they pass the line, though I also watch muted replays on sportinglife.com later on.

I will undertake to only post this once here.

My rationale, for anyone interested, is that I don't want the views of literally any of them on any channel to pollute my independent thinking - I neither want to be swayed nor take a contrary view for the sake of being different.

Plus I don't like any of them - literally - to the extent that if I had to watch racing with the volume up I couldn't follow the sport any more.

I've been watching this way since Serpentine's Covid Derby and I'm enjoying the sport more than ever as a result.

In fact, a big factor in me seldom going racing any more is I can't mute the tannoy at a racecourse!

Viewers of all racing on all channels have my deepest sympathy - but there is another way!

Silence is golden!
Same reason as I tend to watch football with the sound off.

Back in the day I would mute the commentator Mark Johnson but I respect him these days -his comments on horses going to post are priceless.

Back