Temple stakes,saturday

Desijo

Amateur Rider
I wanted to hear everyones thoughts on this race.
The one who catches my eye at the current prices is Vadream.
Ran well when 2nd at Newmarket on saturday in a Group 3
There is an awful lot of rain forecast for wednesday and thursday which will be music to the connections ears as this horse seems to excel with cut underfoot.
Currently 14/1 Looks a decent each way bet.
All thoughts welcome.

The Temple Stakes is run at Haydock Park, not Sandown Park, nowadays, rendering the weather forecast for the Esher area somewhat less relevant to this contest than was once the case.

Vadream is massive at 10/1 (and the 14/1 the OP took is grand larceny of the highest order) if it's a bog at Haydock - he will handle it, others won't.

It's a weather bet.

Its a flat sharp 5 at Haydock though. He may get taken off his feet early doors. That would be my concern.
14s certainly looks big now.
That was my main concern the nature of the track.
Hopefully they get enough rain to turn the going to soft which will hopefully slow a few speedsters down and allow Vadream to mow them down late on.
Latest forecast is for approximately 40 mm of rain in the next 24 hours🤞

Even is the forecast was wrong today (which to be fair they do get it wrong plenty).
They could have watered tomorrow as the meeting starts on Friday.

The Clerk of the Course was watering yesterday.

P45 job that surely.
He's only had the job five minutes - the bloke (Daniel Cooper, nephew of uber waterer, Andrew Cooper) over five years slowly turned Wincanton and Exeter into quagmires, so expect more of the same.

Last edited:
sportinglife news -

Haydock Park clerk of the course Dan Cooper admits the decision to water the track on Tuesday now looks “questionable”.

He was speaking at midday on Wednesday as heavy rain fell at the track. The ground at the start of the day was good to firm, good in places after 5mm was applied the previous day.

Back