Shergar cup day

Outsider

Journeyman
A lot of unknown jockeys this year.but 1 I fancy has Joanne Mason on so I'm happy enough with that.
Grand city Hall 320a 15/2

Local hero 415nm 8/1
Boardman Haydock last race
Greek flower 400c 10/3

Others
Theme park 225h 13/2
Badri 135a 9/2
Clipsham la habana 652L
Bopedro and tacarib bay 430a

Best bet. Grand city Hall

Happy punting Outsider ! I also hope for a good ride from Ms Mason in the 1335. Desert Cop is dropping back to 5f for only the second time but that first go was at Ascot last June in the Group 1 Kings Stand and only beaten under 5 lengths by Bradsell. DC's best Racing Post Ratings came in the two strongest pace races and a strong pace looks guaranteed today. So......
£5 ew 7/1 Desert Cop (4 places Wm Hill)

I had a tracker running yesterday (Vicario) who was short...5/2 on decs with a rule 4..so I shoved him in a double with New Image who is also in my alerts and who should improve for a step up in trip.

The reserve system is ruining any notion of betting.

For example, in the second race Samui is only 3/1 but he's just a reserve so if he doesn't get to run there will be a Rule 4 of something around 25%.

I made the mistake of backing Dream Composer (16/1, was 20s with Sky but they don't let me bet with them) in the opener on Thursday not minding too much if the reserve (14/1) didn't get in but Apollo One (4/1 then) has come out so I'll be hit with something around 20%. DC is 12s at the moment. (I have Desert Cop as a danger. He tends to race prominently over six and Balding targets this meeting.)

What a day to be alive.I would be interested in the top jockey market -Seamie Heffernan is available at 10/1 and Rachel King at 25/1 that's the way to go for me.

Bless Him for me in the last, 12/1 4 places. He doesn’t have Frank Spencer to mess him up and shouldn’t be too far back with this smaller field than he is used to.

I made the mistake of backing Dream Composer (16/1, was 20s with Sky but they don't let me bet with them) in the opener on Thursday not minding too much if the reserve (14/1) didn't get in but Apollo One (4/1 then) has come out so I'll be hit with something around 20%. DC is 12s at the moment.

Happy to settle for the place return given how impressive the fast improving winner was. Could have been second with a bit of cover through the race.

Investing some of the returns on Beamish 10/1, 4 pl, in the next.

Back