€200 To Be Won

Originally posted by Desert Orchid+Jan 23 2008, 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Desert Orchid @ Jan 23 2008, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Bar the Bull@Jan 23 2008, 12:23 PM
All are welcome to join, even ladies.
Do we have any ladies on here?[/b][/quote]
:suspect:

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jan 23 2008, 12:32 PM
Some people here bet each way. So I just assumed that they are.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don't mid fessing up. I see punting as a way to make money not to prove my macho credentials, so insurance is something which makes sense to me!

Personally these days I only bet for a place on the Betfair if I think my selection has a chance of being placed but dont feel confident about the win.

The value in this respect seems greater than going e/w, and with the in running place markets you can always have a chance of trading out if necessary.

I hasten to add that does not make me in any way shape or form successful.

And for what its worth I dont see anything wrong about devising betting strategies that show profits.

Do Betfair offer the place markets in-running now? I know that they have in the past at the big meetings/festivals but have they made it a matter of course? I am out of touch.

LOL!

I find Betfair's place market doesn't always offer good odds - you frequently see 6 or more horses trading at very short indeed. It's good for very unfancied horses though - much better with those to do a win and place on BF than an e/'w.

I don't bet e/w unless I've some hope the nag will win! Typically, these will be horses trading from 6/1 to 12/1 - for which the place price will be very short on BF

There are definitely situations where an E/W bet is more attractive than a place only bet (even if you are all but writing off the win part) - but these usually only occur when the conditions of the race are peculiar.

On course bookies would usually swerve the races, but off-course some feel obliged to stick to the usual format.

These do tend to be the exception rather than the rule though and at times I have made good use of the place market on Betfair.

Originally posted by betsmate@Jan 23 2008, 07:17 PM
Do Betfair offer the place markets in-running now? I know that they have in the past at the big meetings/festivals but have they made it a matter of course? I am out of touch.
I believe they do, yep.

Back