1000 Guineas

Ardross

Senior Jockey
Miss France reported to have done well over the winter and she was certainly impressive in the Oh So Sharp . I have not very well formed views on this race as I thought the ill-fated Chriselliam a certainty had she trained on and of course she never had the chance to do so .

I do like Lesstalk in Paris but assume she is going for the French Guineas.
Hard not to be impressed with Miss France. Tapestry was probably the one who impressed me most, even though beaten last time out.

My Titania could be good, she did well even in what was a horrendous year for John Oxx last year.

Has a classic ever been given so little consideration on here ?

Looks horribly open . The trial winners do not look good enough . Miss France was disappointing albeit she got a poor ride off a slow pace in the Imprudence . Rizeena appears to be favourite almost by default and without Chriselliam it looks very much a lottery .

Does Moore ride Rizeena or one of AOBs ? The interesting one is the once raced Gosden beast Betime .

Any thoughts ?

I think that Rizeena won't be good enough. Amazed at how short she is, really. I felt that she was beaten on merit when she lost last season.

I would have thought that Bracelet or Tapestry might be backed, the fact that they're both around the 10/1 mark suggests to me that they're not going to pull up trees (although Virginia Waters disagrees with me).

I'd go for a few bob on Lucky Kristale, in the hope that she will stay like her sire. But the juice is gone from the price.

So I am left with Vorda, who impressed me at Newmarket last year, but has a number of question marks.

But the question mark to price ratio is the most favourable in my opinion, so I will be backing her on the day.

Whats our views on the Dubai form? Ihtimal is the one im thinking of i think,(no access to Racing Post here).

Bracelet won well when the yard was bang out of sorts. I think she could be very useful and I reckon "the lads" will back her over Tapestry.

J Wonder won her trial well and looked a horse of real promise as a two year old. She's trained by a real div but at 16/1, she is hugely overpriced.

Euro Charline is the other one I like. She got murdered in the Nell Gwyn and is very lightly raced. I think she will be well backed on the day too.

EC looks to have a decent chance but of course must step up substantially on her form to date. I managed to get 75s on her so i'm hopeful. Bracelet is another one I like, hopefully she'll have Moore on.

Last edited:
EC looks to have a decent chance but of course must step up substantially on her form to date. I managed to get 75s on her so i'm hopeful. Bracelet is another one I like, hopefully she'll have Moore on.

I thought Moore was meant to be riding Rizeena ? Still no jockey up for either . If Moore has an arrangement that he will ride for AOB then he may well ride Bracelet.

I don't intend to study the form. Bracelet won the trial at a time when the other triallists from the yard were running moderately, and Jophis rides Tapestry. That'll do for me.

Wasn't gonna have a bet in this but the favourite looks a bit short and the AOB runners too big if anything. If they were fancied how come they haven't been backed.

Looking back at the Imprudence Miss France pulled like a pig almost throughout before running on at the end. Not sure I can pull the trigger at 5s but then again she'd be 5/2 if she hadn't taken in a trial.

Looking back at the Imprudence Miss France pulled like a pig almost throughout before running on at the end. Not sure I can pull the trigger at 5s but then again she'd be 5/2 if she hadn't taken in a trial.

Hardly surprising, considering it was run over 3 secs slower than the colt's trial. Proved entirely tractable in a truly run Oh So Sharp and won that very smoothly.
5/1 will do me nicely.

Last edited:
Looked at this again and the first five in the market are all too short for me although I respect the O'Brien runners.

Gutted J Wonder is out but I'll be chancing my arm on the runners from that race. Joyeuse ran a nice race and was stuck on the outer when making her challenge, suspect a mile will suit too. 20/1 looks big.

The other two from that race are worth a go at prices IMO. Lady Lara ran a nice enough race and almost can't leave her out if backing Joyeuse but Manderley is just a bonkers price at 100/1, she raced prominently in the Fred Darling when most of the principles came from off the pace, she might be a maiden but she's a full brother to Gregorian who developed later on and suspect she's not finished with yet. The yard have hit form and there are far worse 100/1 pokes out there.

Botti can land this with Euro Charline. He's my win choice. Lamar ran a terrific race last time, a real improvement on before for trainer James Tate. E/W at 100/1 will do. I'll have to do a weenee reverse forecast on the two!

Last edited:
Back