1987 Tote Gold Trophey

think he is the best we've got at the moment Track..I love the cliches tbh..always entertains me anyway

entertainment is key as you get a bit older you know

I love his Chester interviews as well..when he fell down the embankbank is one of the funniest things I've seen on channel 4 since it started..pure comedy gold...is it on youtube do you know?

Yeah GG , Simon Holt or Jim McGrath aint got that same style somehow.

They might not have the same style but they certainly give out far more information - and accurate information - than O'Sullevan. He hardly mentioned any more than half a dozen throughout the race.

When I saw the date I thought it was Neblin. One of my early memories racing was watching this race in the bar in Leopardstown. The Vincent O'Brien Gold Cup must have been on that day and it was a horrible day if memory serves me right.

They might not have the same style but they certainly give out far more information - and accurate information - than O'Sullevan. He hardly mentioned any more than half a dozen throughout the race.

as dull as dishwater though:whistle:

GG has gone at the game ...needs putting out to grass.

none can touch big fella now..the guys a legend :cool:

he's a nice bloke as well, I like him

how do they measure this best commentator thing?

I measure it by cliche/comedy value/entertainment...and tommo is miles clear on my reckoning

the others seem such boring sods.

I used to love watching Julian Wilson for the comedy as well

I never listened to him much but I used to love how one shoulder was 2 foot lower than the other one

Back