2.00 Kempton

Probably the most bizarre race I've seen in a long time,they had to use the long distance camera in order to see the other three runners on the screen in the final straight.
And then in race 2 the Wigham horse wins in Vince Smiths name as Wigham is banned from having runners at the moment.
Surely if thestable is banned from having runners then they shouldn't just let him transfer them into someone else name?
Makes the supposed banning look farcical.

Originally posted by Arkwright@Mar 18 2008, 02:39 PM

And then in race 2 the Wigham horse wins in Vince Smiths name as Wigham is banned from having runners at the moment.
Surely if thestable is banned from having runners then they shouldn't just let him transfer them into someone else name?
Makes the supposed banning look farcical.
Like in US when some trainers were banned - horses still allowed to run under another persons name

Crazy really, but if you ban horses for trainers wrong doing, your punishing the owners too

Having watched the first race, the remarkable thing was the jockey on the first appeared as if she was riding a second circuit, having possibly mistaken the winning post when 20l clear.

Perhaps apprentices don't get many chances to ride in races of 1 1/2 miles or more these days.

I get the impression that the great majority of apprentice races are run at distances of a mile or less, presumably to guarantee plenty of runners and therefore plenty of opportunities for riders.

Slightly off topic, I noticed that none of the races at Kempton the other night were over a distance of more than a mile.

Garney - she did ride a second circuit!

It looked as though she was well and truly run away with to be quite honest - she shot off and kept going. Then it appeared that she couldn't pull it up after the line when she in fact carried on for another whole circuit, not pulling up until after she had gone around the bend past the winning post, having taken a glance up at the big screen when passing the post for the third time. God only knows what she was thinking!

I reckon that when she passed the winning post a mile clear she couldn't believe her eyes, panicked, thought; "Oh Sh1t, I've ridden a finish a circuit too early" and decided to keep going.

Still, well done to her and the experience will do her good if she ever gets a ride in The Queen Alexandra Stakes!

Report on the RP websiste tells you exactly what she was thinking -
"Oh Gawd, maybe they're right and I'm wrong, and we have to race another circuit!".

Pearce's wife had told her to 'go off and show the boys what you can do' :laughing: she certainly did.
It was her first ride! the lads are all very sheepish

It was her first winner from about ten rides.
We seem to be having a bit of a dutch invasion at the moment with Tjade Collier winning the Midlands National at the weekend.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Mar 19 2008, 07:45 AM
Didn't realise he was Dutch until that interview yesterday, Arkers.

Seems his father is Welsh.....I don't know what to say! shrug::
That he must be a sheep ****** :D

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing+Mar 19 2008, 09:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisbeekracing @ Mar 19 2008, 09:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colin Phillips@Mar 19 2008, 07:45 AM
Didn't realise he was Dutch until that interview yesterday, Arkers.

Seems his father is Welsh.....I don't know what to say! shrug::
That he must be a sheep ****** :D [/b][/quote]
hed be a part of your club, then chris

Back