2.55 Chester: South Cape

EC1

On a break
I am quite interested in SOUTH CAPE here

firstly he is 1lb lower than his last c/d win...so is on a winning mark

his form in Class 3 at 7f reads

1-11-

I am quite happy to ignore his last run which was at Newmarket where he has never really performed well...form at Newmarket reads:

4370- 72000- 0-

Also his most recent form on soft ground has not been his best either

His run before that here at Chester was excellent and shows he must be ready for winning a race like this.

This looks his time of year for top form as well.

Not badly drawn for run style

There is plenty of pace here which will suit greatly

This would also be a timely win for connections

Any views on this race?...Chris?

1-11-

I am quite happy to ignore his last run which was at Newmarket where he has never really performed well...form at Newmarket reads:

4370- 72000- 0-

His run before that here at Chester was excellent and shows he must be ready for winning a race like this.

Slight worry about whether he needs a bit more of a test at the trip now, but plenty in his favour in what is a tough race. I put him in at 8/1 in a 100% book which may be slightly big. What price would you consider backing him at EC1?

Even though pace horses like Medicea Sidira and Bel Cantor have come out, there still looks likely to be a good gallop on. I imagine Donohoe will try to pull off similar tactics on The Kiddykid as last time, but think he'll struggle to do so with Keep Discovering, Kafuu, South Cape and Kings Point hassling him. I though Fathsta shaped well at Goodwood last time, racing a bit freely but still looming up and not quite seeing his race out, the softish ground possibly blunting his speed. A return to a quicker surface and the likelihood of a decent gallop helping him settle, I'm hoping Catling gets him a good position on the rail behind the leaders. Lads 7/1 was too big and I still think the 11/2 is fair. Can't imagine any of these doing what Fathsta did to the likes of Generous Thought and co at the Dante meeting.

1-11-

4370- 72000- 0-

He is in good form and does like it around Chester. He probably should have won last time, I can't say I've had much of a look at the race mind.

South Cape for me too for all the same reasons as EC1 pointed out. Fathsta would be a danger at best so a rfc saver for me

Back