Senior Jockey
1. Kauto Star
2. Denman
3. Star De Mohasian
4. My Way de Solzen
5. Snowy Morning
6. Turpin Green

Whaddya Think?

I personally think the most classy race (potentially) is the KG as that probablty brings WC in to play?

I would put In Compliance in that list and take Snowy Morning out. I would also put MWDS second to Kauto Star.

It looks like the nature of the Gold cup is changing, as mentioned some time ago (James Willoughby maybe?)

It's being won by speed horses emerging from among the two-milers. Maybe My Way De Solzen will emerge as a candidate in a year or two.

12 months before the won, Kicking King had just finished 2nd in an Arkle. OK so he looked like he would be better over further so he I will allow.War of Attrition had finished 7th in his Arkle and was dead on his feet by the end. Surely nobody would entertain thoughts of Gold Cup glory after that? Kauto Star had no form in this country over any trip beyond 2 miles 1. Again, Gold Cup contender after that? Enormous leaps of faith for me.

Paul - my point is that recent evidence shows that not being proven over the trip is not an important factor in assessing the chance of a horse in the Gold Cup.

Gareth, I agree with you but I have my doubts about In Compliance. I am usually hopelessly wrong so this would be no exception!

Prescience from An C - If Turpin Green weren't out he might have had five of the first six - I'm sure Neptune Collonges will be in the first four if not three; and if MWDS hadn't run so poorly earlier in the year he'd have in the mix too

Indeed, in fact if Snowy Morning, MWDS, and Turpin Green turned up, he could have had the first six home....

Should anything be read into Corals taking Exotic Dancer out of the betting (they were biggest at 14s)?

Edit: Spooky - he's back!

Back