2nd June 2024

yorick

Conditional
So, that went well, didn't it?

Commander Crouch set the tone for the day. finished second last. One is always checking out why these things happen and, at the same time, trying to steer clear of excuses. Sometimes you make crap choices and have to live with it, don't you. In the case of CC, I would say that the form of the race where he became noteworthy was upheld by the horse he re-opposed yesterday, who franked the form by finishing a good second. So my reasoning seems ok. Why the no show, then? well, he's handled the track before so it could've been the size of the field or the going. On the latter, I did say I was hoping the ground was drying out. Not a bit of it. It was g/sft leaning to the soft side. The consolation is that CC's mark will go down. I think it's too early to demote the Commander.

With On a Session, it was just an odd ride from master Orr. He just seem not to be content with getting a head of steam going in the final 2f; he just kept switching the horse for reasons I know not what. Again, it's good that his OR will go down but I'm puzzled , to be honest. He has races in him, I know and I thought, being a C/D winner yesterday marked him out as a real choice. Ho-hum.

I am just at a loss to understand what happened to Global Skies; what an odd action he raced with. Even the RP analysis left him out of any comment whatsoever, so was probably as nonplussed as I was. If anyone reading this can watch the race, I'd really value an outside view, please. Euro?

As for Chatterbox: again, what a seriously underhand ride. Did anyone watch it? So far behind with a jockey not looking the least concerned, then to make headway so smoothly.... but when push came to shove, the jockey just seemed to stop trying. Again, this looked, to all intents and purposes, to be a prep run. The only thing I could suggest is that the horse didn't stay. come on, someone. Help me out here with a view.

After yesterday's out-and-out drubbing I will not offer any recommendations - imposter syndrome prevents me.

So here's what I'm backing, with no drawn out piffle and waffle:

Persian Phoenix - 2.50 Nottingham 5/1 Ew
Swinging London - 3.55 Nottingham 8/1 Ew
Jm Jungle - Hamilton 8/1 Ew

On a session could be being aimed at Galway.
Chatterbox needs to jump quicker lost lengths at most hurdles then made ground but was a strange ride and maybe didn't quite stay.dont give up yet.
Ive done Faylaq 440 hasn't won since 2019.

Thanks for the response, mate. On A Sesh would be hard pressed to get the Galway race of his current mark, which will drop further after this. I wonder if there's a Chester race that might suit in the near futura. Once his mark's down to 80, he might be able to drop in grade, perhaps.

Re Chatterbox: I don't think I'm wrong in saying that, when they want, they can present the horse to hurdles in a way that they lose lengths. No? Also, when they're gallop more strongly, the jumping can be better. Did you, like me , get the impression that this looked like a prep?

Actually, I've just looked and I'm talking hogwash; he's already in Cl4 so off a mark of ,what? 78? he must pick up a Cl 4. After all, he's been performing well in Cl 2.s, hasn't he.

Don’t think my view is any better than yours, yo, but I thought Global Skies was held back at the start (as he has been before) and was giving BL some trouble as he was keen to get on with it (almost running into heels at one point). Nonetheless BL got him into the right place to begin a challenge, but he didn’t find much and BL gave up the ghost one out and didn’t give him a hard time finishing as well up as he could.

Back