3.45 ponte

gigilo

Senior Jockey
Off to wolves tomorrow so just quick look at the turf and see who's shirl priced at 33s with hills,boyles and ppower.Last season won over c/d in a very similar race to this,had pepper lane 16s and sioux rising behind 12s and at the weights would beat them if running to that form.Lots of horses in the race have ? including who's shirl after its last run but the run previous was hampered and running on to be nearest finish at haydock.Trainers out of form otherwuse i wouldv'e backed this ew so again a trade as could easily run well in this race and be backed.Favourites very short and i also think the 2 3yr old are as well making this overpriced,a trade for me.

WHO’S SHIRL ran no sort of a race at Newcastle last time, but there are possible excuses for that run, and she looks overpriced despite contesting what looks a very hot fillies’ handicap at Pontefract today (3.45). The ground was on the easy side at Newcastle, which wouldn’t have suited her, and the vet reported that she was sore after the race. She’s better judged on her previous run at Haydock, where she finished well after getting behind and then encountering some trouble in running, and her best effort to date came when defying a wide draw to win her sole previous start at this track (at 33-1), staying on well to beat Pepper Lane (who was getting 10lb including weight for age), with another of today’s opponents Sioux Rising back in fourth. There’s a strong case to be made for many in this field, but at this morning’s odds Who’s Shirl does look worth an each-way bet.

3.45 PONTEFRACT
1pt each-way WHO’S SHIRL (28-1 Skybet, Stan James, 25-1 general

You need to be quicker than that to beat me on the prices mister taylor.:lol:

I don't read or listen to anyone but my own opinion i wouldn't have known in a million years if he picked it as i was mailed that by one of the persons i sent out to last night.Don't have time to look at ''tipsters'' comments,why all the negative comments trying to do you a favour thats about the third time now.I've been doing what hugh taylors trying to do for 8 years:lol:

Oh i see i've been on a forum before with lot of people who don't like seeing people win:cool:,for some strange reason certain punters prefer to see you get it wrong. I havn't read the racing post for ten years apart from keeping the results i havn't missed a copy in all that time and i only watch the racing with sound on the in between guff i turn down.Decided not to go to wolves today as the cards and prices are worse than i thought.:<3:

The only reason i'm putting trades up as i rarely do them to be honest is there are such few races to bet on most days as the racings dire,if you want i can keep them on this thread.Usually the time margins are so tight so i'm in a rush to post something on here
and know the prices are going to go straight away.

Fair play. I've found your posts interesting but reckon they'd be better kept in the same thread. Good luck today.

No, I don't think it is resentment about you winning, more to do with the feeling you give; that of doing us all a favour by your postings.

A little change in attitude and I'm sure you would be made to feel welcome.

Only my opinion of course.

Saying you don't read others' opinions is a bit strange, given that a forum is meant to be for exchanging opinions and having a discussoin.

Putting up prices that don't exist any more (I am aware of the reason you gave) isn't particularly helpful.

I love seeing people win by the way. Not sure I have seen a huge amount of winners in these threads, though???? Happy to be proven wrong, of course.

Think i've put 5/6 up to trade and all of them have shortened comadoir 33s into 8s,i put the prices up at 8.27pm last night with three firms that you couldv'e backed all night.
I don't read anyone's opinions as i've made my money in 8 years averaging 300k a year and i bet with one of the older well known pros in the country he's virtually my neigbour and we've been friends for 25 years.I originally worked for him when i left my job 20 years ago,perhaps i'll tell you a lttle more later but this is a big forum so hard to say to much.

Not at all fella,just that i put in 12-18 hour days on form work from 8am till 3am and trying to get bets on are hardly worth the hassle nowadays.But if i write something i don't want someone telling me i'm wrong when i've spent half the night doing it,thats all i ask.

Is no-one else allowed to have a different opinion, fella?

As Bar has mentioned above, forums are meant to be discussions of opinions.

If you don't want to hear other people's opinion perhaps you would be better off starting a blog.

....oh! and hours of form study does not guarantee the right answer.

Last edited:
The more you put in the more you get out if i hadn't packed my job in i'd be in a rut regretting not putting those hours in working 8-5.:blink:.
Most of the time i will be right as its my profession so hardly any point in listening to anyone else is there,just like i wouldn't tell my brother how to do his decorating.Also i havn't and wouldn't go on other persons threads and tell them their wrong even if i knew they were.;)

The more you put in the more you get out if i hadn't packed my job in i'd be in a rut regretting not putting those hours in working 8-5.:blink:.
Most of the time i will be right as its my profession so hardly any point in listening to anyone else is there,just like i wouldn't tell my brother how to do his decorating.Also i havn't and wouldn't go on other persons threads and tell them their wrong even if i knew they were.;)

now then Andy

i been a supporter of you from your second post where you posted the same day 2yo jobs

thats something i've done in the past and interested me

but...

your last sentence above seems really odd to me..i'll tell you why

on here..and i assume other GOOD forums..people know each other a little and look out for each other..its called being a forum

if someone on here..no matter who it was..i'll say Hamm..because we have had our moments..came on and said he were having his best bet of season on Horse A..and i had lets say a couple or more strong negatives against horse A..i would come on and post i thought it were risky..because xyz

the reason n i would do that..is to save him money..make him think twice about lumping on a possibly dicey bet.

because i don't want folk losing

you seem to be saying that the forum is here just for your benefit..to make you look good...never take part in any other thread..just promote yersen basically

my view on people that never reply on any other thread and just start threads for themselves..is..they have a long term agenda..ie possibly starting some type of service

i don't know you from Adam..so even with best will in world..you could be..a really good asset to board ..or a scamster

at this moment...i'm erring towards a good asset

but you doing yersen no favours with..i'm doing you all a favour attitude

there are some very shrewd people on here..some have been around a long time on boards and in the game..we aren't wet behind the ears teenagers thats for sure

i'm just saying what i think here..not meaning to insult you or owt like that..i want new people here...but think you may be coming with an attitude that won't go down well

Back