5.50 Newmarket

Pentire

At the Start
Hope it is OK to start this thread, but I am enquiring into a horse called DELEGATOR who runs in the first race today at Newmarket. I scouted around a couple of forums just now and saw him mentioned a couple of times as a 'serious horse' and a 'potential superstar'. I was wondering if anyone was from around Manton way and had heared anything about him as he could be quite a nice price given Meehan does not have a great record with his first timers.

I remember Meehan, in a stable tour, saying WHISPERING ANGEL was one of his best two year old horses but never saw him mention DELEGATOR which is odd as a few people seem to think he is quite a decent animal.

Many Thanks.

Just had a look at this race, all horses unraced and some likeable types on breeding.

Is Wingwalker a massive lay (on paper) against this field at 6/4?

I'm not sure I'd like to blindly take on a Cecil hotpot in a race like this, if it was Noseda, Jarvis, even Stoute maybe, but not Cecil.

I can't access RP at work - does anyone have any stats on Cecil's 2 year olds, and their record first time out? Thanks

It must be poor Andrew and I was told a couple of weeks ago to never back any of Henry's first timers as he doesn't train them to be ready first time out. I think he had a filly called Midday at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago who was well talked up and she was doing her best work late and looked in need of the run and also the same story with On Our Way and Samara Valley who were both picked out by Tony Elves in the RP as working well but failed to win on their debuts.

From what I can work out Andrew, his record with 2 year old debut runners this season is 0-8!

With respect, Pentire, Midday might have been well talked up, but it started at 10/1. It is the fact that it is 6/4 in a dirty looking field from a stable that normally doesn't, though is well capable, of having them ready first time out that would make me wary.

I know nothing, absoluely nothing, about the horse or anything in the race and maybe it will drift and be given an 'easy'. While it remains tight in the market, I would be very much of the view that he is not one to mess with.

Absolutely Melendez, you make a valid point, but Samara Valley was a shade of odds on for her debut at Lingfield in May and was only fourth that day. Looking at recent stats with Cecil's newcomers, which is 0-8 as I read it this year, I couldn't be a backer at the current prices.

Delegator had the race won until running around close home and Cecil horse finally gathered his stride and won well in the end. Two nice colts in the making.

Sorry just seen this, there were a few nice types in it, notably Elsies, The Cecil horse hadn't impressed me much at home but was straight. On all accounts I wouldn't know anyone at Meehans to confirm regard on the 2nd, but I know Mishrif, Print and Elsworth's are nice ones.

I was a serious layer of the Cecil horse I must say ~ any newcomer at 6/4 is poor value in a half decent maiden. Sadly the result went awry but I'll stand by my attitude to such races.

Back