6.20 Windsor

He is a nice horse who got on top of Brave Prospector on Friday morning;

That said I don't look at this as a positive for Excellent Art, I deem it a negative for Brave Prospector who has disappointed in two starts since his York win.

Excellent Art previously had been working behind Skid Solo and Mishrif and thats nothing to get excited about.

For me the experience of the Terry Mills horse and two fine efforts at that make him the ew value around 5/1.

Peter Chapple-Hyam is yet to saddle a 2yo winner this season and the majority of his stock is adequate at best. 15/8 about a horse that has refused stalls entry previously and only good gallop is when quickening up alongsides a regressive type is not what gets me ticking and I would take a chance on going for a double whammy laying him and backing the Mills horse (Auld Arty) each way.

In the 7.50 take a look at Apotheosis, the Swinburn yard rate him and he was very green on debut. I paddock him on that occasion and he scored a 6 for me and looked rather unfurnished and in need of experience. He made pleasing late headway in that contest and suggested this slower ground plus another furlong will suit.

6/1 offers good each way value and with the favourite thoroughly exposed and the 2nd favourite a débutante from a yard whose 3yo's don't normally win first time out, I think he is value.

Also in the 7.20 take a chance on Mullein. A good run on similar ground at Haydock suggested a return to form was immanent and he will appreciate the advantage of hanging left today. The Beckett yard are in fine form and preference for this surface can see this horse go close at around 7/1.

I've had an each way patent of the value of £10 totaling £140 on the above highlighted.

Good Luck
Chris

just been looking at passed runnings of this maiden Chris

winner has generally recorded a big RPR..90 ish

which would suggest those that have run will need to improve somewhat..could be a newcomer that takes this

just been looking at passed runnings of this maiden Chris

winner has generally recorded a big RPR..90 ish

which would suggest those that have run will need to improve somewhat..could be a newcomer that takes this

Or most likely this is a poor renewal, how many runnings have their been on soft ground !!

Won well but beat tree's.

Chapple-Hyam takes 5 months to get a juvenile success. I wouldn't be getting too excited by it mind as both Alhaque and Sarif have worked lengths in front of that and whilst Sarif has solid form, he is no better than listed class.

What an awful piece of riding on Apotheosis, most blatant non try I have seen in a while, Swinburn deserves the book thrown at him for that. Simply disgraceful, never in the race to try and win.

Back