7.30 Beverley

EC1

On a break
This race looks interesting

There is just so much pace on here that a closer will be sure to be suited.

With...Elusive Warrior+Viva Volta+Mickey Mac+Nuit Sombre+Shotley Mac..all liking the front this is going to be a burn out..even for those that normally chase just behind the pace...they will be mucked up...if they chase close they burn too..

the interesting bit for me is that the two horses who will be suited by this pace make up...the plodding late runners...are both the forecast outsiders

NOK TWICE + ADMIRAL COLLINGWOOD

Both are worth supporing in this at the prices...both stables are doing well...particularly Tate..4 wins from last 7 runners.

Hopefully one of these will take this late in the day...maybe worth a bet in running as well...because they will be well behind until late in the race.

I'm not totally convinced by the argument, but agree that playing the rags in running is a value call ~ the winner of the 7:00 has come from last to first in a strongly run race so the precedent is there.

the case for a pace collapse is strong though Rory..and unusually in this race those that will benefit are the two outsiders.

to me..obvious value bets

it all depends on whether you believe pace makes the race

I think after being suited to the going...it's one of the key issues in sorting races out

Right idea, wrong horse. Frustrating! Good spot on the pace angle though, they were nicely strung out before they hit the bend.

well it went to a hold up horse...but I didn't identify it beforehand

worth a shot anyway, pace collapsed as expected

never said it were easy :)

Last edited:
aye Gareth

This race really stood out to me...there is usually one race every couple or three of days that looks like this...pacewise...thought admiral was going to run on...but to be fair he was out of the weights.

back to drawing board

Back