7 unknown things

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
I've noticed this on Facebook recently, people revealing '7 unknown things' about themselves.

I've thought about it (only briefly) in case one of my 'friends' nominates me.

I'm really struggling to think of anything either unknown - I'm pretty much an open book - or interesting about me!

Maybe if others put up stuff about themselves it would give me an idea.

I was thinking the same myself.

The people who would be 'fiends' on FB already know me pretty well one way or another.

Form number cruncher? They know that.

Very keen on cryptic crosswords and sudoku? They know that.

Shite at snooker and golf? They know that.

Have flown a plane? They know that.

Cry very easily at films? They know that.

Etc, etc ... They know that.

It's only another way for Facebook to harvest user information to build up profiles of who people are so they can perhaps better target their useless advertising. The problem they've got though is so many of their 'likes' come from Mohammed Ronaldo in a Cairo click farm

I've thought of something that only very few people know about me (and three of them have passed on...)

I was once smuggled into a Bordeaux convent after midnight by half a dozen 'inmates', if I can call them that. They were determined to flout the sisters' strict rules.

(And if that counts as aftertiming, I'm guilty as charged and would like three other offences to be taken into account :lol: )

I along with a girl was caught bollock naked on a beach in Dumbarton Craig en Gelt Hotel at 3am in the morning by the police.

Never charged us just shone the torches at her gave us a lecture when looking all the time at her then told us to go back to the hotel.and next time bla bla bla.

Got drunk as a skunk on brandy and champagne at a owners do at Mick Lamberts. Had to get home so stupidly drove while intoxicated

Got stopped before Penrith, didn't give it a proper blow taken to the police station.

Desk sergeant very ice fella assures me I don't look drunk not to worry.....I am shitting myself........he pulls out this new contraption for breathalyzing and asks me to wait while he reads the instructions

I tell him I am very nervous and my mouth is so dry I couldn't blow up at balloon and asked if I could have a drink of water.

At first he said no I wasn't allowed to then he said go on then... grab that grey mug over there and be quick about it.

I go back to the counter he says you ok? I nod yes.......ok blow into here.......blew the water into the tube attached to this oblong shaped black box he was holding lights start flashing like crazy.green and red as I remember

He looks at the thing shakes it the lights flashing looks back at the instructions and says **** this stupid thing your ok you can go.

Drove straight into town to the George Hotel and stayed the night...lucky bastid.

As young kids we broke into the paper shop when we worked and stole all the fireworks broke them up and put all the gunpowder into a cider flagon

Put it in the gents toilet in the village public gardens with a few bricks around it lit the fuse and ran like hell...........

It went off and all but blew the place to bits...roof half off cisterns broken windows were completely shattered police came and Fire brigade sirens blaring.

Mean while we are standing across the road at the chippy with the gathering crowd say oh my I wonder what happened there.

I wonder what the police would say if they knew one of the culprits became Chief Superintendent of a well known area in Glasgow :ninja:

That very same policeman tied a cow...........yes a fuckin real cow to our front door handle rang the bell and ran away.

My mum is trying to pull the door open and the cow is pulling the other way. She comes back looks out the window and sees the cow plodding all over her pride and Joy.....was not funny:lol:

Gardens can be fun

We held the first local Grand National run in the dark in a small Scottish village in Lanarkshire.

No horses just us pretending we had them and used peoples hedges that split them from the neighbours as fences

about 15 runners we destroyed hedges lawns flower beds rose gardens you name it

The winning prize was shared by 5 of us with a visit to the Juvenile court.

Other than that I had a quiet time in my teens except for.......na wont go there thanks!

Last edited:
Back