8.50 newbury

gigilo

Senior Jockey
Equueleus pictor 6/1 365 11/2 hills should be 7/2 and fav also comadoir 33/1 both firms backed them both ew and backed them to trade pre race as i can see equueleus going off near fav.Comadoir was third twice last season on turf off 73 its run 5 races on turf over 5fs been 2/2/2 all on soft and 2/3 can't possibly be a 33/1 shot on lowest ever mark

There are at least 3 negatives i can see..so it wouldn't be a bet in this for me

Doctor Hilary
Spic & Span
Cloth Ears

all like to lead..and will ruin the front pace..all equulessu pictors wins have been from the front

all 6 EP's wins with give in the ground..no rain forecast tonight or tomorrow

Newbury would be the stiffest track EP will have won at..if he does overcome the above..standard time here shows its a lot stiffer than any of the 6 tracks EP has won at..all nice flat tracks

The trade covers the bets if backed and its already 9/2,the grounds already gd'sft as well loads of front runners,but like i said if you took the 6s i put up 3 books and did what i said you'll probably be in profit all depending what you got on.I put the price up at 5.30 i beat the books 90% of the time,thats why i have to get others to put on for me and make sure i see the prices early.It's obvious the horse is regressing but it's all about prices and knowing what punters will back at,if it wins its a bonus.

Only 3? Are you tired :D

Fair points though.

;)

the 3rd on is a bit of stretch:)

Newbury has 34yds extra..but even allowing for that its not the easy 5 that York and Ayr are..if you know what i mean:)

i hope it wins for Andy..but if large wonga is on the menu then a full analysis is essential

The trade covers the bets if backed and its already 9/2,the grounds already gd'sft as well loads of front runners,but like i said if you took the 6s i put up 3 books and did what i said you'll probably be in profit all depending what you got on.I put the price up at 5.30 i beat the books 90% of the time,thats why i have to get others to put on for me and make sure i see the prices early.It's obvious the horse is regressing but it's all about prices and knowing what punters will back at,if it wins its a bonus.

the ground is given as Good in the RP..a drying day tomorrow..if the forecast is right:rolleyes: of course

sounds like you can't lose money now..so no probs

gigilo - I look forward to more of your posts. I'm obsessed with early market but I focus on Irish flat meetings.

Thats why i put the prices up at 5.30 you couldn't lose on the race as long as its backed and with virtually no form in the race wouldv'e been a miracle this going off 6/1.
If you want to win easy money just trade on everything i put up as all the prices will be gone,but you have to be on straight away.I can't get enough on to make it worth my while but on this occasion made a point of backing ew and the trade as the race is dire.

Thats why i put the prices up at 5.30 you couldn't lose on the race as long as its backed and with virtually no form in the race wouldv'e been a miracle this going off 6/1.
If you want to win easy money just trade on everything i put up as all the prices will be gone,but you have to be on straight away.I can't get enough on to make it worth my while but on this occasion made a point of backing ew and the trade as the race is dire.

i wouldn't have believed it would shorten though..as just from a pace angle its 7 or 8/1 for me..throw in the ground against it and its a 10/1 shot..in my mind

why anyone would back it shorter is a mystery to me

but its shortened so you are spot on

Does no-one have an opinion on the use of headgear - don't think I've seen many sprinters get headgear for the first time after 53 runs! Personally, I made EP the clear danger to Rebecca Romero who has been given a couple of overly confident rides by Hughesy of late. A frenetic pace will suit her down to the ground, and she's the only horse in the race capable of improvement. At current odds, she is the one who looks too big.

As a word of warning, I know they've been waiting for soft ground for ages with Premier League but you can't beat taking 6/1 about a 3/1 shot!

3/1 now as i expected and a little money for comadoir will be laying some of this off during the afternoon :cool:

18s comadoir with books a winning day already will start laying this off now as well and equueleus.

33 to 8..impressive

stuck a tenner on Bouncy bouncy..fast and late

if it loses i'm blaming you for getting me looking at the race :)

Last edited:
Would be hard to give it anymore chances as it couldn't have been in a worse race virtually unbackable at the future likely prices.Well done with your bouncy bouncy i couldn't have backed any other runners in that race off those marks they just looked so poor.

i wouldn't disregard EP in future..he didn't get his ground here.....it wasn't good/soft..a time of 62.98 points to Good ground..my standard for Class 3 is 62.2 on proper Good going..this was class 5..so par would be about 63.25....was achieved comfy.

Last edited:
It's run better than that at windsor on fast ground when taurus twins won,can't see soft ground making that much difference that ground wouldv'e been perfect for it.Wasn't pressurized free role infront really should be sluicing up in a race like that,will be a false price nto.

Back