A lay for Arc day expenses

EC1

On a break
in the 1.30 at Uttoxter :D

Front Of House is 1.55 on Betfair at the moment

The ground there is already good/soft and the forecast this morning is heavy rain - so seems fair to assume its going to be very testing.

FOH has had 6 runs

has won 3 of them on Good or faster.

the other 3 were with give in the ground

1. beaten 59 lengths when 10/1..a good class race..but the price suggests better was expected

2. beaten 1.75 lengths when 4/6 in betting..again the price suggests has run below expectations

3. beaten 42 lengths when 13/8 in the betting...

two of those were when McCoy was riding as well

looks a real dodgy odds on shot to me...lay time

Last edited:
Good research. Whether its profitable or not it is irrelevant. Well done Sir!

On further reflection having just laid the horse I am going to look to see what else might win since logically all the others are substantially overpriced. At first glance they are a motley crew and I am tempted to go for a debutant. Work to do but I am a greedy bu$$er.

Last edited:
thanks Tout

i usually prefer to find a couple against a weak fav mesen ..but i couldn't really narrow it down..I could see any of the next 5 in betting winning to be fair..so will just do the lay..good luck with it

Last edited:
Worthwhile and unexpected pickup! Thanks.
A beer definitely due. Laid as suggested ,then back and laid Code Blue (24, 8), back and laid stake Cotswold Charmer(16,3.75)

Can't believe I let that one slip through my fingers.I thought he was getting encouragement before they jumped the first and tried to lay him at 2.3 but iPhone froze.was never going to win.

Back