A Proper Ban

Garney

Conditional
Kevin Coleman

i saw the race, and while immediately in the aftermath, ATR (Sean Boyce) and other forums were were complaining. I'm sure some will see this as well deserved, but I actually thought that second was as good as he was going to get from the turn in, and he achieved that. At least the stewarts arent fannying about

.Race, well a smal verison

I tend to disagree with you, he could easily have won this race. How much ground did he lose easing and going wide both turning into the straight and earlier on the bend? Even at that stage he could have come close with any sort of a forceful ride.

Burke's instructions look a little suspicious.

Hard to say whether Paul Kristian would have won. The race was lost turning in when Coleman let the winner get away (dropped back to fourth turning in) without moving a mucle. If he had went with the winner turning in, who knows what would have happened?

Was very interested to hear that Adrian Maguire has compared the winner with Denman at that stage of his career.

Unbelievable that the trainer's keep getting away in instances like this. Disgraceful really.

Could not agree more. Jockeys have to ride to instructions or they would never get another ride.

There again I've known from my own experience of hearing trainers give instructions, that jocks don't always keep to them by any means, but it would be unedifying to say the least to hear jocks and trainers slag each other off in the Stewards' room. In the end it's the trainer's choice which jockey to use, and he has to stand by that

The jockey was an absolute disgrace.Maybe he wouldn't have won but he made no obvious effort to win.If horses are to be allowed finish second on the bridle the game would be a shambles.
The 50 day ban was appropriate.

Back