A suggestion

EC21

Conditional
I know it is hard keeping interest these days in racing forums, but... I am seeing stuff posted here that reminds me of 20 years since where someone introduces themselves to a forum and then commences to post probably a new thread each day with their selections on. On past experience these are usually chancers hoping for a good run then trying to encourage people to pay for tips if good run turns up. I know I am talking to people who must know this stuff and how it works.

Going back to the noughties we had some cracking types try this stuff on such as Direct Racing. That forum, like this one was full of savvy people, yet am seeing it now on here. I know forums need new people but even I can see a few chancers trying that old nonsense on here.

Here is it how it is on here, if you are good, post on "what you are backing" each day, if you any good, you will get noticed over a period of time, you don't need a thread each day with a few tips on. If you start those posts, you look like a chancer. I used to be pretty good on that thread at one point, never tried conning anyone, just wanted to share winners.

By the way, this is Direct Racing stuff now, does anyone remember The Fly?. He was quality

Going back to Direct Racing, there are two guys, one in particular, who was the best poster ever. First one was The Bumper King, Dean, would love to think he was out there now, won so much money on his posts. And secondly, but mainly, was Stav, who I was involved with on private forums too, he also posted as Seen, would love to know if he is still out there. Apart from this forum, Direct Racing was the boy, best ever forum, apart from this one of course. Lets call it a dead heat:)

I just know there are some Direct Racing followers out there

Last edited:
Tbh Ec I'd have thought at one time Ohracing was as good a forum as there was out there. Tbh one of the best pieces i ever read online was a discussion between your good self and Spook (think he posted on here as mordy) anaylising Our Conor. It was an outstanding read. Spook was amongst the best ive seen online along with Jamie Taylor and they were two of the most genuine nice guys who'd help anybody even a waif/stray such as myself .Chris Gaigie was another guy who really knew his stuff. Can't remember what his user name is on here Martin who does all the Hunter chasers. The guy on here who did the juviniles thread. Of the most of the regs on here all really knowledgeable good racing folk and never gonna go too far wrong punting wise listening to any of them.

There's loads of names from the past and sorry if i forgot anyone but i struggle to remember names Hoofhearted was one from final furlong think he used to post on here as Ice something. Honestly thinking back its amazing how many good people ive come across in horse racing forum world and they're nearly all as bonkers as i am.

To Danny

Honestly thinking back its amazing how many good people ive come across in horse racing forum world and they're nearly all as bonkers as i am.

I resemble that remark!

To Danny. I forgot about OHR, was a great forum. Direct Racing was 2001 time and lasted probably 5 years I think. I remember highlighting Altior. when he won at Ascot on OHR in the October before anyone had latched onto him. Throughout that winter I was very keen on him then bloody Min put in a big run and I deserted him at Cheltenham. I remember Chris Caigie, used to PM him. Spook was on here under a different name, can't remember it now. You were Broadsword on OHR if I remember rightly? There was another guy and I cannot remember which forum called Lazy Excuse. He was a genius at posting big priced winners. Martin on here, who you mention, is another poster who is one of the best I have come across through the years.

Seen or Stav, as he posted on a forum as, was a really good guy, very knowledgeable

We are all pretty bonkers diary, this game is an utter obsession.

Martin was Irish stamp

He is still found on twitter and one of the smartest guys to post here.

Bachelor's Hall is the juvenile supremo. His dedication to these mongrels is fascinating

Back