Adlerflug

Blimey, he picked up nicely didn't he! Quijano is no mug either, and he's overturned the Baden-Baden form pretty comprehensively. I'd guess he likes it as soft as he can get it?

Well, he IS a serious horse on soft, always was.

Fact is Quijano, even though he has form on soft in Italy (of all!), is not the horse he is and/or can be on soft. I do not want to take ANYTHING away from Adlerflug - after all, the plan is the Arc this year, and I suppose he must have a serious chance on soft ground, he clearly gets the trip etc., - BUT as one can not take the margin to Quijano literally, the rest of the field would not even win a Gr. III in England (in the case of Prince Flori sadly add "anymore", as he is not the horse he was when running well in France last year)

does that help and/or make sense ?

Last edited:
I might add that the ground was very, very soft - it was really raining heavily as you can easily see on the vid, and it is so obvious that where Adlerflug really does float over that sort of ground, Quijano can only plugg on. Time of 2:37,... was what to be expected in these conditions.

Well, he wouldnt need it bottomless, but does need cut for sure.

One thing I might add too is that Adlerflug was clearly not (yet) right when losing in his previous races this year, after a brilliant year last year where Jens Hirschberger had a strike-rate of about 30% (don´t forget, he trained Toylsome to win the Foret!) the stable did come to hand a bit slower this season.

well, you saw what the RP gave him, who am I to argue? We have a discussion about the ratings in a german forum as well, in my op the german ratings are far too high, and the one he got here did not take into account that Quijano did not perform up to his previous (german) rating. There is so many people in here who try to judge a horse to the pound, but I am not right good at that.

Crazy
you are not helping (joking)

talking seriously
how is his OR in german in comparation with the best quijano after this run, thanks for the reply

Well, Adlerflug got 101,5 kg. for his Düsseldorf performance, based on Quijanos rating of 98 and the beating he gave him. The way I see it is that Germany is desperate to keep ratings up in order to keep the race status (Gr.I in this case). Its Gino has an official rating of 97kg. , he has won a Gr. II in Germany, and before that a Listed Race in France; now he was 3rd in this Gr. I. Its quite hard to have a line, as german horses rarely ever go to England, and as I said before, even his closer connections fear that Quijano somehow paid a price for his recent schedule.

Runs against Lucarno in the big Baden-Baden Group 1 tomorrow. Anyone know if it's soft enough for him?

Back