Admiralofthefleet

A great run to get second. Winner had gone unfortunately.

Crazy, he made his debut as a 2yo over seven.

Turn on the Style first ever runner abroad for John Balding (and a winning one). And that's despite his old tendencies of not being keen on going in the stalls resurfacing.

The rather expensive Jalil runs in the next too. Interesting card, glad I had a look.

Great stuff for a small stable - and such a character! - even if it was my biggest bet of the day...

Commentator on Betfair " Knowing him John's probably at Southwell wearing his battered trilby, watching on a screen " :laughing:

Glad I'm still in front today so I can enjoy it

John Balding is over there supervising the horses preparation and I'm sure he'll be delighted with the result (and at the same time greatly relieved that he went in the stalls).

Originally posted by betsmate@Feb 8 2008, 04:14 PM
Jalil did it nicely from a wide draw and at a nice price.
Yes but a few nervous moment if only watching price moves on Betfair [commentary is several secs behind for me].
Anyway, I got a really good price too :D Presumably Kerrin had to be strong there?

For a few strides perhaps to make sure the front two didn't get away, but the horse did it well enough for him.

Remarkable to see Admiralofthefleet run well over this trip when you consider he was blatently out paced in the Guineas trial at Leopardstown last season over a mile.

Back