Advice Please

Bar the Bull

At the Start
I am thinking of buying a few horses and sending them training.

Now I am new to this, but my first instinct is to send them to Aidan O'Brien. The man is proven at winning Group 1s, and seems equally adept with older and younger horses. An additional advantage is that Johnny Murtagh is the stable jockey.

However, I note some of the statistics about his not being as good at winning the Derby. Should I then send some horses to Stoute in addition to O'Brien?

Depends on budgets really. Does AOB even train for outsiders? I know he has occasionally but always thought they've had Magnier/Tabor/Smith connections.

It'd be Gosden every time for me were budget no issue.

I am thinking of buying a few horses and sending them training.

Now I am new to this, but my first instinct is to send them to Aidan O'Brien. The man is proven at winning Group 1s, and seems equally adept with older and younger horses. An additional advantage is that Johnny Murtagh is the stable jockey.

However, I note some of the statistics about his not being as good at winning the Derby. Should I then send some horses to Stoute in addition to O'Brien?

Some considerations....

Do you like to see your horse in the parade ring? If so perhaps look elsewhere...
Is your horse a natural? It's a requirement...
While a July Cup trip will be mentioned...do not pre-book flights.
His mobile is always engaged...tricky to contact.
Do you like porridge?
Are you good around children? Lots of them?
Happy to cover costs of entry fees...lots of them?

I'd be careful if I was you Bar The Bull. The man has a reputation for not getting his horses to the parade ring in time.

For starters, before you even think about looking to buy a horse, you must consult the experienced experts on this forum who will tell you exactly which horse to buy, how much to spend on it and how to get to the post-sales press conference as SOON as the hammer falls, even if you have ideas of buying another one of the lots soon to go through the ring.

As Aidan says, having the pace to win a July Cup is a prerequisite, even if you're targeting the Ascot Gold Cup.

Just go right ahead with AO'B. He's wondering what to do next, not having too much work on his hands (except on race day, of course: he's a bit short-handed, so he does a lot of tacking up himself.)

We also have experts on here if you want to find a trainer who knows the best spots in the stands...

Some considerations....

Do you like to see your horse in the parade ring? If so perhaps look elsewhere...
Do you like porridge?

Classic :lol:

Some considerations....

Do you like porridge?

:lol::lol::lol:

Back