Aidan O Brien workout on Sunday after the Curragh

OurFellaThanks

At the Start
Hi all,
The Flat season is back up and running this weekend . Just wondering is O Brien gonna have his annual workout at the Curragh after racing on Sunday ??

Yes, he will have a large group of horses cantering after the races.

No mention of the horses that will be schooled in public FTO and punted off the board on their next run.

Is that list available?

What about Bishan Bedi in the Lincoln? Whats his turf mark relative to his AW mark? He improved hand over fist since joining the stable, I don't remember seeing such an impressive winner than the day it won first time out at Dundalk for O Brien.

I wouldn't be in your league of shrewdness. Just find out if the right people are backing it will you.

NO doubt another good season of AOB lies ahead but personally I am steering clear early doors

Trying to keep on the right side with his horses, especially his 2yo's is nightmare.

Just about everything he sends out is fav and so many false prices you can't back with any confidence.

John F Kennedy was a classic example. Everybody assumed he was a good thing............talking horse of the year

Fortunes matched early doors but drifts and gets stuffed looking like he badly needed the race.

Of course AOB would know that but not a hint was given.

I watched a video on You Tube about the Breeders and he came across and a really nice fella but reading him is impossible.

As far as being helpful to the racing/betting public goes good description of him would be WMP with a tongue tie.

Still the best there is though

Ha. "WPM with a tongue tie." Like it. He'll have a good season I'm sure unless something dramatic happens. I also wanted to comment that I think they're naming the horses better but I just noticed he has a 3YO filly called Fluff, so forget that point.

I don't tend to back his very much, purely because an awful go off short priced favourites and then if they do win they're billed as Classic winners. I certainly have no idea about pecking orders etc. Ideally you need to have an in at Ballydoyle with the 2YO in my opinion. The 3YO and older horses are a bit easier to predict but still tricky enough.

I'll occasionally back his 2nd or 3rd string if he has multiple runners. Sometimes Joseph will give Colm or Seamie a bit too much rope.

Gives nothing meaningful away and loves the hold hype machine but that's the operation they run. I think he's a great trainer.

Ryan Moore jetting in from Dubai to ride AOB's horses at the Curragh on Sunday. No rides for JOB.

Interesting.

HRI Racing ‏@HRI_Racing 3m3 minutes ago
Joseph O'Brien has been booked to ride Egyptian Warrior in the Rated Novice H'dle @LimerickRaces this Sunday
even more interesting

even more interesting

Very interesting. At first I thought it was because he either couldn't do the weight or he doesn't normally ride certain horses but that isn't the case for 2-3 of them. When you consider that O'Brien is supposedly planning to gallop a few of his better 3 year-olds after racing then it really does start looking like changes are coming.

Laddies quick off the mark...........8/1 for Joseph O'Brien to ride a winner at the Cheltenham festival in 2016

It is long established that I am both a lazy fecker and that I like to delegate work to the up and comers as part of their development plan.

So Del Boy

Go back over the last five years. Calculate what the profit margin would be if I blindly backed the 2nd Fav in all races where ABOP had the Fav from April 1st to May 31st. Please deliver your report by Monday. Good man.

Last edited:
d79c8ccbb1d8ea8ff742c592260df9c1_zpsybpfczrz.jpg

Back