Aidan O'Brien at Killarney

Cantoris

At the Start
Interesting stats for AO'B in Killarney. Before Ice Empress won the first he was 7 from 12 (58%) with his three year old plus. Has improved that again now.

I remember O'Brien confirming that most of the time he is on the phone straight after a race was to his wife or parents.

Well I backed both of O'Briens runners this even so ended up quids in. The other yoke is slow slow slow. They will do well to win with him.

Scottish Reel is a horrible yoke -the last day he ran I texted all my friends to say he was max lay material.I think of all the races he has run in no subsequent winners have emerged.

I really like the look of his two runners in the 6:00 MIKE CRONIN READYMIX LTD (IN ASSOCIATION WITH THERMOHOUSE) MAIDEN over 1m6f - he's won the last two runnings of this race with his only entries since the race was reduced to 1m6f in 2005 I think. 3yo Colts have won it every year since - except in 2008 when a 3yo filly won - trained by A.P.O'Brien.

Both his horses fit the profile but a win bet on Don Leone and a smaller win bet on Caribbean Sea - plus a r/f/c

Trying to work up the courage to have a decent place lay on her tonight.I have no doubt that she is useless and won't really like the going.Her breeding sends out mixed messages to me FuPeg can be a poisonous influence but there are some decent staters on the other side of the line.Opposition lacks strength in depth as you would expect in a Kerry maiden.I think if she goes under 1.55 in the place market I will lay her and say a prayer.

Scottish Reel is a horrible yoke -the last day he ran I texted all my friends to say he was max lay material.I think of all the races he has run in no subsequent winners have emerged.

Did my dough on the mule last night:o:o I can't make a bob backing any of Brien's yokes. Too afraid to lay the hoors either:lol::lol:

Dodged a bullet with the Ox yoke starting odds against in the place market-just before the off I decided to forget about value and lay all the 11-10 available.I got the no bets after the off message.
I actually backed it at 8 in running with the intention of laying off in running-I can't believe my 1.32 wasn't matched.

Back