Alastair Down

in another parish to balding or anyone on c4 racing atm.

bring him back please. along with francome and mccririck.

Down and Francome yes, McCririck dear God no.

Thankfully his tribunal claim will have put paid to any possible return for the sexist oaf.

Last edited:
Down and Francome yes, McCririck dear God no.

Thankfully his tribunal claim will have put paid to any possible return for the sexist oaf.
purely for entertainment value. no need to take him seriously.

obviously no chance of him returning.

purely for entertainment value. no need to take him seriously.

obviously no chance of him returning.

Nowt entertaining about him in my book - if I want to listen to misogynistic old blowhards running off at the mouth, I'll go to my local.

Nowt entertaining about him in my book - if I want to listen to misogynistic old blowhards running off at the mouth, I'll go to my local.

I thought you were going to say you went to the Chit Chat section of this site .:D

Terrestrial tv coverage of racing needs a massive overhaul.

Morning line is unwatchable.

The CH4 studio at Cheltenham looks completely soulless. Much like its inhabitants

The CH4 studio at Cheltenham looks completely soulless. Much like its inhabitants

Racing UK needs to be free!!

A sport that is competing against every other sport that is on Sky and now BT, deprived of quality TV coverage is lunacy.

I only tend to watch The Morning Line when Cheltenham is on. I could not believe my eyes when they cut to Sam Thomas. How has that man kept his job for a whole year? And he's not improved at all!! Obvious parallels can be drawn here.

They really need to focus on race analysis and (say this quietly) betting!!

The whole fecking industry is based on betting and 95% of the viewers do it. Forget Claire Balding turning the schmaltz factor up to a thousand.

I want to see what bookie offers there are, the timeform selections and a competition which actually means something like Soccer Saturdays pick 6 comp. I don't want to see a caricature of Alice Plunkett or how many portaloos Matty Bachelor can count.

They should also get Tanya in the studio to concentrate on the exchanges rather than speaking to the on course bookies who are becoming less relevant by the second.

They should also get Tanya in the studio to concentrate on the exchanges rather than speaking to the on course bookies who are becoming less relevant by the second.
On course bookmaking died the day that they allowed them to link up to Betfair. These days no-one actually makes a book, they just shadow the exchanges. Of course, they can't/couldn't be stopped from taking advantage of mobile technology but pitches that cost £15k 10 years ago can now be had for £3k because, apart from the big players, the turnover and margins just don't work anymore.

Wouldn't be a fan of Down -hate the way he will put the boot into safe targets like Graham Bradley,Terry Ramsden or the Wildensteins.Having said that some of his retro pieces are fantastic and his description of Ruby returning to weigh in after Annie Power was brilliant.

I only tend to watch The Morning Line when Cheltenham is on. I could not believe my eyes when they cut to Sam Thomas. How has that man kept his job for a whole year? And he's not improved at all!! Obvious parallels can be drawn here.

They really need to focus on race analysis and (say this quietly) betting!!

The whole fecking industry is based on betting and 95% of the viewers do it. Forget Claire Balding turning the schmaltz factor up to a thousand.

I want to see what bookie offers there are, the timeform selections and a competition which actually means something like Soccer Saturdays pick 6 comp. I don't want to see a caricature of Alice Plunkett or how many portaloos Matty Bachelor can count.

Also only watch (for the last time probably) festival week and agree with this 100%. Hopefully someone from CH4 reads this thread

Back