All Weather Maiden

Flame

At the Start
Just passing on that in the 2nd race at Wolves tonight a mate of mine who is very pally with Sylvester Kirk has passed on that Kirk's is a cert and won't get beat. Said it will be a listed horse next season and worked 5L clear of Addikt (would have won last time if ever put in race) in a racecourse gallop the other day.

I've had 100 on at 3/1 as I don't really like all weather maiden's but just passing on.

The horse is called Liberty Valence by the way.

Good Luck

Chris

SK goes mad when this kind of thing gets put around :laughing: as he says it puts him under so much pressure and raises the expectations of the owners too much... Spoke to him once at Wolves when there was a run on one of his maidens this time last year - he was quite upset about it as he said there wasn't the justification... horse got beat!

Hope your info is right this time Chris, looks a good type anyway. I always have a close look if I see Jeff Smith's colours anyway. Clever name :luv:

I find that hard with Sylvester, as he's known to like a bet or two and many of his all weather horses are backed, so the added pressure malarky rings a bit pulling wool to me.

was disappointing, was cruising in second and everything was hard at it bar him turning in, I would say he tarded very low.

But when push came to shove he stopped quickly, not sure what to make of it as he didn't appear to run green, just looked a bit of a bridle horse.

You can never tell til they do it of course, whether any horse will translate gallops form to the course - speaking as one who has had shares in three 'morning glories' in recent years :what:

Back