American Racing Form

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Where can I get a basic form guide without paying. I have gone on to DRF.com but I can't find the cards.

It just gives a breakdown of form and a summary of the runners' preferences, but I've found the cards on www.timeform.com/free to be frighteningly good, especially with proper tissues provided. I believe Mr Prufrock may have more to say on the issue.

I have played American racing with a fair but not spectacular success rate over the last couple of years.The American racing forum on Betfair has some fantastic contributors but like everything else on the Internet can go into meltdown at times.
It is very hard to beat these guys on knowledge of form or interpretation of the clock-you need something else to bring to the party.

It just gives a breakdown of form and a summary of the runners' preferences, but I've found the cards on www.timeform.com/free to be frighteningly good, especially with proper tissues provided. I believe Mr Prufrock may have more to say on the issue.

The past form aspect of the free Timeform service will have a few tweaks to improve it in due course (these things take time). The comments themselves attempt to cut through the welter of stats and do some of the spadework on distance, surface, run style, consistency etc.

It's not to everyone's taste, especially those who want to "handicap" a race from scratch. A more sophisticated (though probably not free) service is likely to be provided if there appears to be the call for it.

Back