An Appeal For Jamie.

• Thread starter Thread starter Griffin
  • Start date Start date
G

Griffin

I hope nobody minds me posting this here but I'm trying to gather up a few bits and bobs of racing memorabillia for Jamie, an eighteen year old severly autistic young man. Jamies twin brother Joe is also severly autistic and their mum Sharron does an amazing job with her boys. They are both very very hard work.

Sharron mentioned to me today that Jamie is mad on racing. Apparently the first word he ever spoke was at the age of ten and do you know what he said? Frankie Dettori :o

I have a friend who works with race horses in Denmark and she's sent Jamie some photos of horses and he was over the moon. It takes a lot for Jamie to be over the moon!

Jamie would love to have a few signed photos so I was wondering if anyone had any they could give to him, or indeed anything at all to do with racing. When I next see Sean Curran I'll ask him what he can get his hands on (apart from ladies!) but if any of you have anything for Jamie I know that Sharron would be so grateful :)

I don't have anything like that out here, Griffin - but next time I'm home (you'll have to remind me!!! lol - & it might not be for a couple of months) I'll have a root through my stuff.

Jamie received his parcel of racing bits and bobs this weekend. To say he was thrilled is an understatement! He hasn't put the Tony McCoy book down and he loves his signed photos :D

Thank you to those who sent things for him. His mum Sharron is really touched that people cared. She's sent to me these two photos of him with his gifts, clutching his new favourite book and jumping for joy with his photos :lol:

Jamiebook.jpg

Jamiephoto.jpg

Hiya, just wanted to say that this is possibly one of the nicest threads I've read on any forum.

Well done, it's a wonderful gesture. :D

I was away when this thread was going, so haven't seen it before. I'll get a Best Mate photo signed by Hen and Terry next time I'm at the yard.

Originally posted by BrianH@Sep 26 2005, 12:19 AM
I was away when this thread was going, so haven't seen it before. I'll get a Best Mate photo signed by Hen and Terry next time I'm at the yard.
Thank you Brian, Jamie would love that :)

Jamies book is gong to be starting it's own diary, it's leading such a busy life in it's new home :lol: Yesterday it accompanied Jamie to the toilet, in the car, for a walk around Alton Water, nearly had a shower and then went to bed with him. Today it's gone in a taxi to school :lol: Jamie and the book are joined at the hip. Sharron and I normally talk about our dogs, so it's nice to know the book is having regular exercise too :lol:

:lol: :lol: Same with KICKING KING, I hear - smashed the cameras of the last stables tourists and then pushed over some journo prying into his alfalfa habit.

Back