Anyone Live In Or Near Cheltenham? ? ?

This evening and tomorrow, Cheltenham area:

This Evening and Tonight:
Very windy this evening with westerly gales, perhaps severe gales in exposed parts. Rather cloudy with showery rain this evening, but drier, clearer spells are likely overnight with winds easing. Further rain will return to western parts by dawn. Minimum temperature 4 °C.

Tuesday:
Cloudy with rain in the morning, but it should turn drier in the afternoon with some bright spells and scattered showers. Generally windy again with some gales likely at times. Maximum temperature 13 °C.
Updated: 1532 on Mon 10 Mar 2008

I was planning driving there tonight. Think I'll leave it until tomorrow now.

I'm about 35 miles away of a near perfect west / east line, and we've pretty well had steady rin or drizzle most of the day on off at 20 min intervals. My own garden is 'Soft' but then we've also had a strong wind too. Despite being in a rain shadow I'd be surprised if the course isn't G/S or Soft in places. Having said that, we've got people who live in Cheltenham, and nearer than I, but that would be my distant guess at this stage

Got here not long ago, its absolutely pouring and I'm staying no more than 2 mins walk from the course. Tree down by the road near Swindon Village but spoke to a lad up with horses 10 mins ago and he said the course is Good to Soft

The heavy wind has been preventing the heavy rain getting in or it could be the heavy wind makes the rain feel heavier than it is.

Chris

Yes, thats an important question, Is it that good wetting rain, that fine rain that wets you through, or that normal rain thats grand?

I'm in Gloucester and it's dry here at the moment although we've had rain on/off all day, fairly heavy but not as nad as it could be. Certainly a lot colder here tonight than it has been for the past week or so.

The racecourse is more exposed than we are here but not been too windy here today - fairly strong overnight and early this morning but seems to have died a bit now.

Back