Anyone never had a winner at the festival?

When I went in 94 Mysilv was the only winner I backed-I found the 3 days incredibly hard.I think it's important to have a game plan but at the same time be flexible enough to change or add to the plan.

Why not start something positive yourself? Look at ECs topic on the Champion hurdle last night...

Same as me harry. Last year was first i could recall without a winner at all. Usually do around 10-12 bets in total so wasn't a great feeling.

Cheltenham is usually pretty kind to me and had some great results recent years. its Aintree thats the nightmare

When I went in 94 Mysilv was the only winner I backed-I found the 3 days incredibly hard.I think it's important to have a game plan but at the same time be flexible enough to change or add to the plan.

Agree. Im not usually knocked sideways by bad runs or start chasing losses. More likely to pull up the drawbridge a bit

Last edited:
Planning to greatly reduce the quantity of bets this time around, no more "interest bets". Bigger stakes and bigger wins..simples:p:p

One of our posse had gone 7 straights days at the Festival without a winner until Thursday last year & then reeled off:
Noble Prince
Buena Vista
Big Bucks
Junior
Cecil’s winner of the charity race

He’s still well behind though...

Can't remeber never having backed a winner as I bet even if only a little in almost every race, but it' doeant get worse than it did last year.

Started off with a bang on Hurricane Fly and was well in pocket having backed him all year. By the time Big Buck's ran I had lost the lot and was betting with my own cash. He won then I lost the lot plus some on the last day when GMOOH was beat in a photo. Worst year I've ever had.

Back