Anyone watching Sandown on RUK?

He's a nice lad, met him at the Guineas (I think you may have been there IS?). Certainly not in the RUK premiership.

Quite like another newbie, Andrew Constantinou I think his name was?

I don't remember if I did meet him lol. I like Andy Constantinou - seems to know what he's talking about and pretty good at putting up winners to the RUK viewers.

Getting Ken Pitterson on more would be a better move for RUK IMO - good paddock views as well as the usual reciting the formbook.

Count yourselves lucky you're not oncourse and subjected to the comedy duo of Anthony Kemp and Steve Thompson. They're as cringeworthy as ever.

Chris Dixon - no idea who he is but he doesn't like 2yos with experience from what he's told us thus far.

That's unfair. You know full well that isn't what he meant. The point he was trying to get across is that he didn't like those with form in that particular race. He's clearly a bit nervous, but has done plenty of prep by the sounds of it and there are for more deserving people that hawk themselves onto both channels that deserve a kicking before he does.

Not 100% sure what Chris' background is, but I think it may be PA and some behind the camera stuff previously for RUK.

No I don't know him, and I've never met him, though I do work with his brother!

That's unfair. You know full well that isn't what he meant. The point he was trying to get across is that he didn't like those with form in that particular race. He's clearly a bit nervous, but has done plenty of prep by the sounds of it and there are for more deserving people that hawk themselves onto both channels that deserve a kicking before he does.
To be fair I can't disagree with any of that :)

Not 100% sure what Chris' background is, but I think it may be PA and some behind the camera stuff previously for RUK.

No I don't know him, and I've never met him, though I do work with his brother!

He works for Coral broadcasting. Agree with your comments above.

It was nice to hear a different voice and see a new face.

Did slip in a "can get one ready" but it would be asking too much for a cliche-less input, wouldn't it.

If you want to hear every cliche in the book (thought I'd slip that one in), then it would be the young fellow who does the wrap for RUK. Is it an Ollie someone? God - every worn-out chestnut is hauled out: grown into himself (what - like a toenail?), popped the lids early (anyone else notice how Houndspeak is creeping in?), sure to come on for the run, trainer knows the time of day (always useful, I find, whether you're a trainer or not), jockey riding out of his skin (ecchh!) and so on.

If racing is serious about giving itself a kick up its own backside and appealing to new custom, then perhaps refreshing its vocabulary would be a start. Just plain English would be refreshing enough.

I wouldn't know, Gareth - I never listen to anything about footie, but I'll take your word for it! It's just lazy commentary or writing, when all's said and done.

(I hope you spotted another one there!)

Back