AON Chase

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
This is about as desperate a G2 as I can recall.

Riverside Theatre should win about 10L hard-held, if he's to justify his OR after Kempton.

Does What A Friend not run? He'd give RT a race.

As for the worst G2 you can recall, I suggest thinking back to Cheltenham 10 days ago.

Or if you prefer, a month back to the Fairyhouse race that Golden Silver won. From Rubi Light, no less.

What A Friend has to give 4lbs to RT, Bar - so 10lbs worse than handicap terms. I'm not saying the Nicholls horse can't give him a race, as I reckon RT's mark is dubious anyway, but if the 165 is to be believed, he needs to trot-up under these terms.

Agreed about those other G2's - I should have said "...as desperate as I can recall for the last fortnight" :lol:

What A Friend has to give 4lbs to RT, Bar - so 10lbs worse than handicap terms. I'm not saying the Nicholls horse can't give him a race, as I reckon RT's mark is dubious anyway, but if the 165 is to be believed, he needs to trot-up under these terms.

Agreed about those other G2's - I should have said "...as desperate as I can recall for the last fortnight" :lol:

Correct its a bit of a shocker - huge dearth of staying chasing talent - could you consider RT at evens???

I think you have to consider Riverside Theatre at evens, OTB - even if you don't believe the OR. It looks big enough to me.

Back