AP Multiples 2012

Tout Seul

Senior Jockey
In 24 hours I set off to Cheltenham. The buzz is definitely there and I won't enjoy the time before I leave. Then in the car, up beat music from the Ipod, and chill out for the week.
Today is spent reviewing AP position and noting down the shortlists for the
races I expect to bet on. A shorter list than normal as I am trying to be more disciplined this year. In that vein I have traded the win portion of my Al Ferof position established in November. Took a decent profit on an average price of circa 11/1. As I type still not sure it was right decision but it was sensible given the performances of Sprinter Sacre. I have also avoided the Champion Hurdle, World Hurdle and Ryanair this year as I have no real view of a value bet.

As always I have some low stakes Yankees/Canadians two of which I've pasted below. I have won a considerable amount in the past on these Festival multis and set out in hope again this time. Clearly high risk plays but this is not banking and they are small stakes.
The two below demonstrate how early prices boost potential returns. The first was placed on 1.3.2012 and would pay £380k in the unlikely event all win. The second from November shows that despite a loser, Restless Harry,
there are still decent potential returns ie £9k plus. for £22.

So good luck to all and may we all have an enjoyable and profitable week.

· Tues 2:05 - Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy – Outright
· Weds 5:15 - Weatherbys Champion Bumper – Outright
· Fri 1:30 - Triumph Hurdle – Outright
· Fri 2:05 - Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle – Outright
· Fri 3:20 - Cheltenham Gold Cup – Outright
· Al Ferof @ 9/2
· Champagne Fever @ 8/1
· Hollow Tree @ 20/1
· Moon Dice @ 10/1
· Weird Al @ 20/1
·
·
·
·
·
£52.00

12 Nov 11 / 10:12
Yankee (EW)
· Standard
· Standard
· Standard
· Standard
· Tues 2:05 - Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy – Outright
· Weds 2:40 - RSA Chase – Outright
· Fri 1:30 - Triumph Hurdle – Outright
· Fri 3:20 - Cheltenham Gold Cup – Outright
· Al Ferof @ 12/1
· Restless Harry @ 25/1
· Hollow Tree @ 33/1
· Weird Al @ 16/1

That's what happen when I cut and paste.

Last edited:
I didn't play this year. I'm left with 20/1 Moon Dice for the County Hurdle and nothing else!

Back