Apparel

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
http://www.mmaapparel.co.uk/brands/Roots-of-Fight.html

This is a fairly big business in the fighting world, I'm a regular watcher of the Joe Rogan Experience and he's always wearing these sort of t-shirts.

I've been wondering if they'd be a market for this in the racing world, particularly over the jumps. I was sort of envisioning a black hoodie with Faugheen stitched across the front in pink, maybe an Irish flag on the sleeve. Cue Card, Vautour, Coneygree etc. These jumpers have such long careers I think there would be a market for this sort of gear if it was designed and marketed correctly.

Anyone have any views, suggestions?

Have seen the odd scarf at the track and on race days at least they appear to see relatively well

I think the base market is small enough that money would not be made from it from a business perspective but i'd certainly like a Moscow Flyer hoodie

Ive seen Frankel & Secretariat merchandise knocking about, caps , mugs hoodies etc. so there is some out there. I did make my own Laska Floko T shirt back in the days !!!

There was a member of the old FinalFurlong forum -- Stuart -- who ran a high profile business with topnotch website and quality product doing just this very thing.
It proved to be unsustainable; he closed the business after a couple of years of very hard work and effort and not inconsiderable outlay.

I used to speak with him now and then, he was good guy, I liked him (despite that fact I rarely agreed with a word he said on other issues!). They had Terry Warner involved too, but it was incredibly hard work trying to get the retail angle nailed. I think they got their money back, but took the decision that to go to the next level wouldn't justify the risk. I think licensing was also an issue and they eventually started to branch out into quality sponsors. I recall Glenfarcas being one they were talking to

In truth, there are very few people you have ever agreed with, Warbler. :)
You are, by nature, a contrairian.

There was a member of the old FinalFurlong forum -- Stuart -- who ran a high profile business with topnotch website and quality product doing just this very thing.
It proved to be unsustainable; he closed the business after a couple of years of very hard work and effort and not inconsiderable outlay.

Yes I know Stuart, I have one of his Dawn Run sweatshirts. He is always on duty where the horses come out onto the racecourse from the parade ring at Cheltenham and I'm pretty sure he now supplies the motor industry. His wife works in the winners enclosure at race meetings too.

I wonder is the scarf people get permission? Plus i'd go for subtle designs. Like Moscow Flyer I envision black hoodie, an Irish tricolour on the left breast, a patch of Moscow Flyer on the right and an MF on one sleeve and a 2 (for Queen Mother wins) on the right Ralph Lauren styley.

I wonder is the scarf people get permission? Plus i'd go for subtle designs. Like Moscow Flyer I envision black hoodie, an Irish tricolour on the left breast, a patch of Moscow Flyer on the right and an MF on one sleeve and a 2 (for Queen Mother wins) on the right Ralph Lauren styley.

Class. Find someone to do one up for me.

Back