Arc Meet Up

Gamla Stan

At the Start
Anyone going to Paris for the weekend?

I know Hamm and I have discussed meeting for a couple of beers but is anyone else in attendance for the best weekend of racing all year?

Look forward to it. Incredible weekend, though may just make the Foret on the Saturday.

Just saw this on the RP which is useful for those travelling to Paris:

Where to buy the RACING Post in Paris on Sunday
Kiosks around the Gare du Nord on the Boulevard Magenta, Boulevard de Denain and Rue Rene BoulangerOn the way to Longchamp at Avenue Mozart, Boulevard Montmorency, Avenue Henri Martin, Rue de Passy and Rue d'AuteuilA dozen kiosks on or around the Champs ElyseesAt the course's main entrance, tunnel entrance, owners' entrance and Sursenes entrance, as well as near Tour 7 behind the grandstand

I was there last year unfortunately cant make it this year, there are copies of the RP on course from the english Tote stands, you will need to get there early though to get a copy. Plus, there are free racecards from the course which are as good if not better than the english version. Also, its not point buying the French racing paper on the Sunday even if you are fluent in french since it only includes Monday's card. To get the Arc card, you will need to get Sat's paper.

Im you guys will have a great wkend, the racecourse will be dominated by Brits anyway and Paris is stunning.

Not this year unfortunately.

Like Will says if you want an RP from the tote get there early.

Hi

Do all enterances lead you to the Grandstand and paddock and if so which are there , am afraid my french aint what it should be

Every year I say we will go ... and then we don't. This year really intended to, but are now moving house and expenses prevent attending. :mad:

Hope everyone has a grand time - will watch from wherever we can.

Those that aren't pursuaded to go this year probably never will... get out there... you're a long time dead. It might be a half decent horse race this year.

I look forward to running into one or two of you.

we are on the steps, nearest to the winning post, next to the VIP-grandstand thing, and do visually support some favorites. I, of all, bought an irish flag and we put Yeats name on, so you will spot the place on sunday, latest.

Back