Ascot Friday?

Colin Phillips

At the Start
I can't find the old thread about meeting up at the races so I have posted this.

Is anyone on here going?

Besides the wonderful opportunity of meeting up with ME!!! there is an added bonus.

"The second Annual Beer Festival continues in association with CAMRA and Fuller's; expect more than just exciting flat racing at this extensive regional Beer Festival.

We are showcasing a huge variety of over 125 beers, lagers, perries and ciders including Summer Lightening from Hop Back Brewery returns to defend its title of the Ascot Racecourse Beer of the Festival. This prestigious title is awarded by racegoers across the weekend so competition in 2008 will be fierce.

Between racing customers will be serenaded by an English folk band as they enjoy the festival. Each voucher is purchased for £1.25 on the day. Vouchers can be redeemed against a half pint sample of any chosen beverage."

From personal experience I can confirm that Hop Back Brewery's Summer Lightning is a very excellent pint.

Yes, just what we want in the days of escalating levels of drunkenness and violence on the racecourse - a beer festival! Well done Ascot. (if there's any lager lout having a slash up by my pitch this time I'll deck him first and ask questions later).

Yes, just what we want in the days of escalating levels of drunkenness and violence on the racecourse - a beer festival! Well done Ascot. (if there's any lager lout having a slash up by my pitch this time I'll deck him first and ask questions later).

You didn't seem to mind yesterday......:p

I'd like to think the folk band will be belting out the likes of The Wurzels' "Drink Up Thee Zoider"

I'm sure CAMRA will beat you to it Shadz, as they're not terribly well disposed towards lager drinking. Any overt drunkeness is more likely to come from the usual sources I'd have thought, as few lager louts would dare drink real ales any more than they have a taste for it. Expect no shortage of vomit though

This venture doesn't seem like the type of thing that would appeal to the "usual suspects."

Shads, I doubt you would beat a wet paper bag, much less a hardened ale drinker! :D

You didn't seem to mind yesterday......:p

I'd like to think the folk band will be belting out the likes of The Wurzels' "Drink Up Thee Zoider"

I know we talk funny but we can pronounce Zider !!!!

Lets hope a few renditions of "I am a zider drinker, i drinks it all of the time" Oaaahhhhhh arrrrrr ooohhhh aaaa

Or perhaps we could have another Wurzel's tribute to "One for the Brizzle City" at Bath racecourse again, in front of about 1000 Gas Heads, lovely.

Back