Ascot or Newmarket?

Aldaniti

At the Start
Thinking of going racing on saturday & debating between the two,
Any advice/thoughts?

Also as I have never been to either how close can you get to the action regarding taking photo's?

Wetherby,lol
An Ascot jumps card wouldn't be great for getting action shots.

Newmarket would depend on which side they are racing on,definitely a better course for taking piccies.

Yes I wouldn't mind being at wetherby either!
I must say the jouney to Newmarket is a lot easier than ascot any day

I've taken pics at both. Neither is very easy without a press pass (or even with one LOL) esp trackside - but I'd plump for Newmarket. If you want dramatic buildings pics, then go to Ascot! - for horses, at Newmarket you can get closer to them in the PR, at Ascot on the horsewalk

Depends which horses you want to see really!

Its more for practice than anything,

We went to Sandown last year & that was really nice, especially the horsewalk, I take it the jumps course isn't next to the rails at ascot then?

Best place to practice (and I don't know how far away it is for you) would be Towcester.
One of the few tracks I know of where you can get close to the action and of course it's free entry apart from the bank holiday meets.

A fair way off by the looks of it, I'm in Wickford about 15 mins east from junc 29 M25, although saying that Ascot looks like a fair trek from here aswell!

Huntingdon's not too bad,you can go and stand near the last hurdle and can get a reasonable view of the open ditch just beyond the finishing line.

Ironic as I intend on being at both courses next week weather permitting.

Huntingdon on Wed and Towcester on Thursday

I must say I would prefer the jumps to the flat, huntingdon is 78miles from here which is only 10miles more than newmarket

Well OH has said he would like to go to Ascot so its photo's on the horsewalk then!

Is it worth paying the extra for the mem/prem enclosure?

Back