Ascot

SteveM

At the Start
Considering that Zaynar is expected to come on for the run tomorrow, surely Karabak (who could be the better horse anyway) is the bet (or even, perhaps Katchit?).

Last edited:
Lough Derg could well be ignored, which would be dangerous given his record. He'll improve tons for his reappearance.

Here's the field:
2 Time For Rupert (IRE) 232 5 11-Apr P R Webber W Kennedy
3 Zaynar (FR) 253 4 11-Apr N J Henderson A Tinkler
4 Karabak (FR) 232 6 11-Feb A King A P McCoy
5 Elusive Dream 28 8 11-0 t P F Nicholls Christian Williams
6 Katchit (IRE) 231 6 11-0 A King R Thornton
7 Red Moloney (USA) 34 5 11-0 J Howard Johnson Denis O'regan
8 Straw Bear (USA) 17 8 11-0 N J Gifford

is one run enough to put lough derg right with 8 runners and 20/1 i am tempted to take that chance. Think Karrabak needs even further than the ballymore properties trip of 2m 5f didnt seem to have the cruising speed that day and just outstayed everything bar 1

:D Bar The Bull.

Lough Derg has still needed the run in this after Wetherby in the last couple of seasons, so I'd be concerned about that, but moreso him teaming up with Richard Johnson who loves nothing more than giving up prematurely on a horse that needs a bit of stoking up. Whether he gets as much out of him as what Scu does I wouldn't be confident.

:D Bar The Bull.

Lough Derg has still needed the run in this after Wetherby in the last couple of seasons, so I'd be concerned about that, but moreso him teaming up with Richard Johnson who loves nothing more than giving up prematurely on a horse that needs a bit of stoking up. Whether he gets as much out of him as what Scu does I wouldn't be confident.
Fair points, especially the latter.

Elusive Dream gets weight from horses rated lower than him a mere 18 months and two runs ago. He shaped well for a long way on unsuitably soft ground at Chepstow last time, and with a field of eight, can certainly land himself in the places against some doubtful stayers.

I fully expect rory to follow me in. :D

Can always be tricky for a Juvenile taking on his elders for the 1st time, especially his first run of the season. This will be a good (and big) test for Zaynar, will let connections know more about the Daylami gelding.

TIME FOR RUPERT, each way. I shall be placing my last fiver before bankruptcy looms on the little 'orse. If I'm off-air after that, it's because I've gone to Cash Converters with the pc. Good luck, everyone!

Elusive Dream gets weight from horses rated lower than him a mere 18 months and two runs ago. He shaped well for a long way on unsuitably soft ground at Chepstow last time, and with a field of eight, can certainly land himself in the places against some doubtful stayers.

I fully expect rory to follow me in. :D
What's that expression about flogging a dead horse? :p

Back