Ayr gold /silver/bronze cups

Outsider

Journeyman
I cant believe I am picking a 9 yr old but CHIEFOFCHIEFS has a massive chance.i took 33/1 before my afternoon nap and it's now 25/1 tops.
Has sneaked in on 95.

More later.and silver and bronze later in week.

Good luck mate will have a look at him soon.

I see AsadJumeriah is in Bronze and Silver Cup. I feel he could run a massive race.

In the first race at ayr on saturday
YOUNG FIRE is down to run with Danny Tudhope booked and betfair/PP are the only ones with prices so far but 20/1 seems fair to me.
So I've done a little bet
Young fire 20/1
What's the story 10/1....2nd

CHIEFOFCHIEFS 16/1
Summerghand 12/1.....1st

4 ew dbles.

Tomorrow I've done
HEATHEN 505B 10/1 caught my eye last time,has had a wind op and time off,so might need the run.

Last edited:
Well,looks like I've thrown some more money down the drain.
WHAT'S THE STORY and YOUNG FIRE are down to run in different races.

The racing league thursday Newcastle.

YOUNG FIRE 645 11/1
STONE OF DESTINY 815 9/1
STRIKE RED 815 7/1

I'm feeling a bit depressed today after I've seen the draw for the ayr gold/silver and bronze cups as I think high numbers have the advantage and the draw hasnt been kind to the ones I fancy.
But one of my fancies in the silver cup is well drawn in 24.
ZARGUN 33/1 7 places sky......7th
A good 2nd earlier in the season but hasnt run up to it since but ran a decent race last sunday where he weakened in the last furlong over 7.
My big bet in that though is Devils angel 16/1 drawn 9.
Asadjumeria was a longshot of Marbs and I joined him and it ran a cracker to be 2nd and was beaten by DA who won quite easily. Asaj is 6lb better off but DA is the one for me.i think my short list is about 7 .
MUSIC SOCIETY bronze cup is drawn 1......6th
CHIEFOFCHIEFS in the gold cup is drawn 4,summerghand 12 and Bielsa 17 and gulliver has a good draw.

In the 325newb on sat I like PISTOLETTO 20/1....last

Some decisions to be made as to multiples.

Last edited:
In the silver cup I have a short list of 7.
STRIKE RED ran on thursday after 3 months off and fell out of the stalls and eventually finished 5th.i took 25/1.he has been on my radar for a while and has seemed to find trouble but of course that could have been on purpose.
ASADJUMERIA marb put this up and I followed but it was beaten by DEVILS ANGEL who won going away.

I did WOVEN 33/1 more or less because its trained by Dodds.but it usually runs over 7f........2nd
It intrigued me.
SNASH is a worthy fav and I saw/heard Easterby say ye fancied it for either the silver or gold cup.it was a real eyecatcher in the Great st wilfred.
Aberama gold and especially ZARGUN have chances.....7th

But DEVILS ANGEL is my main bet.i cashed out my 14/1 with bet365 and reinvested and added some more at 20/1.

My main bets in the gold cup are
SUMMERGHAND 12/1 and 10/1 he is still imo the one to beat.
I read somewhere that he was 11th last year and a few of these finished in front of him but didnt say that he ran off 112 and tomorrow 102.he had a 5lb claimer on and now Danny Tudhope rides.without the claimer last year he had 10 st 2lb.
Needs a bit of luck as per usual.
CHIEFOFCHIEFS 33/1 more than once has caught the eye and another who will need some luck.Jamie isnt riding it tomorrow Rossa Ryan is and I'm expecting a big run.
BIELSA 20/1 i watched last years race again and basically he p*ssed it.
Has been campaigned running in stakes races and is only 1lb higher.
I did GULLIVER 40/1 small ew and after I had a big bet on him last time I did FIVETHOUSANDTOONE 25/1 win only.

So I've done
Devils angel and zargun
With
Summerghand and CHIEFOFCHIEFS
4 ew dbles.

Some alerts running tomorrow
ABDUCTION 445a 12/1 first run for Jim Goldie.capable....1st
TERESA MENDOZA 215NB 14/1 caught the eye last time but tomorrow its 5f.irish horse.......2nd 16/1
AKKERINGA 316nm 8/1 very badly hampered last time.
2 in the 325hb PISTOLETTO drifted to a tasty 25/1.ONEFORTHEGUTTER 16/1 caught Yoricks eye and I agreed.
SIR RUMI 435NB 14/1 has been a bit disappointing tbh,but ran a decent race when 3rd.....1st
ROUND THE ISLAND 440c 5/1 won over 6 the other day and if over it then can go in again.i think 7f suits it better....4th

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks lads.
Been a very good day with 2 12/1 winners and a 14/1 winner
What's the story 2nd 10/1
Woven 2nd and zargun 7th
Teresa Mendoza 2nd 14/1

Had 2 of the winners together and a different 2 in another bet,pity I couldnt get all 3.

The biggest disappointment was Devils angel who drifted like a barge and was very costly.
But my favourite sprinter came to the rescue.SUMMERGHAND what a horse,

Liked something O’Meara said about your favourite. “ I don’t really gallop him. Like a lot of these good sprinters, they don’t need a lot of work. He runs quite frequently and sort of looks after himself.”

O'Meara is a genius/fiddling man.lol
He managed to get its hcap mark down from 112 to 97 and knew winning would get him in the ayr gold cup and would still be well hcapped.

Back