Back, Lay, Each Way.

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Right, we're seven weeks away. At this stage who are the best backs, lays and each ways.

Back - Al Ferof Ryanair NRNB

Lay - The New One CH

Each Way - Fox Norton Triumph

This is his best crop of youngsters apparently Euro and he has some nice types to unleash on France again in the Spring/Summer.

Would be a touch concerned about the ground but he's the best youngster I've seen thus far this year and if he handles the ground he's the one to beat IMHO.

Will Le Rocher even turn up? Williams seemed to indicating he'd be back to France in April for the big 4yo races over there.

He clearly rates this horse though so if he does turn up he is a threat.

Also, I know he won well the other day and there's been a gamble but Ivan Grozny's price in relation to Plinth is all wrong. The latter took out the last hurdle and still recovered to beat IG. That was a good sign as well as he hadn't got his head in front much on the flat.

Backing Carlingford Lough
Laying Silviniaco Conti
Each way money for Monksland (WH) and Red Sherlock (Neptune)

Fox Norton is his Triumph horse.

As a matter of interest I've never seen him so confident about a horse when I spoke to him at Market Rasen. FN did get turned over because because of the weight of my money though!

The e/w shout on him is a good one. Depite being beaten by the Royal Irish Hussar at Rasen, he came on a ton for that race and reversed the form spectacularly at Doncaster.

As for RIH, if you're prepared to forgive him a bad race, which was his fourth quick one on the bounce, he offers huge value.

John Ferguson will presumably find a race for Broughton before the Festival as well, and I reckon this is the formline that currently offers the best value. I've not seen anything yet that has really stood out. Currently Fox Norton 25/1, Broughton 25/1, and Royal Irish Hussar 33/1.

Back - Briar Hill (Albert Bartlett) 6/1 various
Lay - My Tent Or Yours (Champion Hurdle) 6.0 Betfair
E/W - Monksland (World Hurdle) 20/1 888 Sport

Will Le Rocher even turn up? Williams seemed to indicating he'd be back to France in April for the big 4yo races over there.

He clearly rates this horse though so if he does turn up he is a threat.

That's a good point Aragorn - there's a race which is worth roughly the same amount as the Triumph the following weekend that Le Rocher could contest, though NW might be put off by the likelihood of him having to carry a penalty in it.

Martin

Back - Cue Card - Gold Cup (NRNB - money back hopefully if very soft)
EW - Rock on Ruby - Arkle
Lay - Sprinter Sacre - QM

Last edited:
Back- To our digs
Lay- The tall strap that stands ootside the mandarin bar
E/W - More than likely.

Back