BC Turf

SteveM

At the Start
Fame And Glory 9/4 favourite.

Blue Square: Fame And Glory 9-4, Conduit 3, Gio Ponti 9-2, Stacelita 7, Vision D'Etat 8, Just As Well 14, Youmzain 14, Soldier Of Fortune 16, Cavalryman 16, Sariska 20, Spanish Moon 20, Ask 20, Casual Conquest 25, Midships 25, Battleof Hastings 25, Presious Passion 33, Marsh Side 33, Cima De Triomphe 33, Beheshtam 33, Quijano 33, Einstein 33, Spring House 33, Artisite Royal 33

Last edited:
I would normally considerfame and glory as a near ideal horse for this race, as he seems to be at home at leopardstown, but for whatever reason it seems almost impossible for horses to be successful in the breeders cup after a big effort in the QE2 or Arc. I cannot explain why. Maybe they're so finely tuned for those races it bottoms them.

Battle of Hastings a decent enough price - wouldn't expect a few of those to turn up ie. Stacelita, Vision D'Etat, Sariska, Cavalryman, Soldier of Fortune (not seen him at all this year - problems?), Casual Conquest.

Straight Story would be interesting if Bluesq were quoting him - finishes his races well and unlucky not to win at least one G1 this year.

Can't really argue with your comment about the tactics with the benefit of hindsight (and up until the Sussex I doubted he properly stayed a mile), David, but I thought Gosden's handling of Raven's Pass was exemplary.

I would disagree TS - he/Fortune made a mess of the Sussex, same with the Jean Prat and it took them till the QE2 to ride him as a confident stayer, something of which they were so wrong about seeing he got 1m2 well! Credit though to Gosden for keeping him in such good condition racing from April to late October.

Back