Beef, what beef?

Marb

Journeyman
While reading some of the digs Tanlic lays into Desert Orchid recently, while Dessie doesn't respond due to having Tanlic on ignore really got me thinking...

Can this be the 'resolution of beef' thread? Is it time to clear the air?

For anyone and everyone with beef?

For what its worth, I don't know why some member(s) seemingly have beef with me.

15 years of my contributions maybe have 1 or 2 not happy.

The great thing about forums is they're just places to discuss the issues at hand.

So for anyone with beef, I say, lay down your beef, lets keep the forum buzzing. :)

Regards,

Martin

Last edited:
As a general thing it’s quite peaceful here these days - when you think back to some of the fights that would go on definitely !!

I don’t have any particular beef with anyone on here - there are minor frustrations from time to time, but the people who annoy me aren’t usually high enough on my list of importance to get too worked up about - life’s too short.

I am nosey though and love observing drama though, so crack on [emoji3][emoji2][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can tell I’m getting old ;)

Most of the people who would get most trouble Col is awesome at dealing with - they don’t last too long.

Miss a good troll though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although some of the more grizzled burghers on the site tend not to mince their words, I don't think there is too much beef, certainly not enough to stew on. I think we have some members who arn't stroganoff for a veally bad argument and they tend to go out to grass when the steaks are high.

While reading some of the digs Tanlic lays into Desert Orchid recently, while Dessie doesn't respond due to having Tanlic on ignore really got me thinking...

Can this be the 'resolution of beef' thread? Is it time to clear the air?

For anyone and everyone with beef?

For what its worth, I don't know why some member(s) seemingly have beef with me.

15 years of my contributions maybe have 1 or 2 not happy.

The great thing about forums is they're just places to discuss the issues at hand.

So for anyone with beef, I say, lay down your beef, lets keep the forum buzzing. :)

Regards,

Martin

I find it quite amusing that two people in particular whom I have on ignore seem to spend a lot of time looking for posts of mine to add a reply immediately after. I wonder how much of their lifespan they'll never get back for having done so, and it comforts me.

As the Chinese say, if you sit by the river for long enough you'll eventually see the bodies of your enemies float by.

I wish them well.

Although some of the more grizzled burghers on the site tend not to mince their words, I don't think there is too much beef, certainly not enough to stew on. I think we have some members who arn't stroganoff for a veally bad argument and they tend to go out to grass when the steaks are high.

Your stubble may be on the silverside these days, Colm, but you've certainly outflanked the other pundits on the thread, with this impressive effort.

It must be quite the burden to shoulder, butt you're not the type to skirt these types of issues, and I'm sure it won't make you chuck it in.

Last edited:
Nothing too harmful in a gentle ribbing of another forumite but sometimes it gets to the point when you know when you post something you're going to have to gird your loins for a bit of a roast from someone with whom you'd rather not get embroiled in a row.

I`m sure though he may find it occasionally irritating, DO is intelligent enough to ignore his mainly two, err, critics! I, for one, value his contributions.

I owe my approach to forums the past 15 years to one Steve Davis. "Play it like it means it nothing, when it means everything."

I don't know about the beef, but the amount of gammon on the forum has been more noticeable recently.

Back