Belmont Stakes

Borel has other commitments on the West Coast IIRC.

Summer Bird rates a cracking each-way bet at 50/1 - was staying on in the Derby and bred to stay this trip, far too big.

I've taken the 50's about Summer Bird available earlier in the week - stayed on nicely in the straight in the Derby and will appreciate the step up in trip :)

Post Horse Trainer Jockey Odds
1 Chocolate Candy J. Hollendorfer G. Gomez 10-1
2 Dunkirk T. Pletcher J. Velazquez 5-1
3 Mr. Hot Stuff E. Harty E. Prado 15-1
4 Summer Bird T. Ice K. Desormeaux 10-1
5 Luv Gov D.W. Lukas M. Mena 20-1
6 Charitable Man K. McLaughlin A. Garcia 3-1
7 Mine That Bird B. Woolley Jr. C. Borel 8-5
8 Flying Private D.W. Lukas J. Leparoux 12-1
9 Miner's Escape N. Zito J. Lezcano 20-1
10 Brave Victory N. Zito R. Maragh 20-1

Great bet on Summer Bird IS. Flying Private and Summer Bird are the two that could upset the Derby winner IMO.

A quick aside but some interesting runners on the Belmont undercard

-Two Step Salsa returns in the G2 True North Handicap over 6f against decent sprinters,

-ex euros Carribean Sunset, Modern Look and Captains Lover go in the G1 Just a Game over a mile on the turf and

-Regal Ransom goes in the G2 Woody Stephens over 7f.

Crap weather outside...sitting down all day watching racing and now settling into RUK's Belmont Stakes coverage. Interesting to hear what Willoughby makes of the Derby as well.

Fabulous Strike absolutely blitzed them in the True North - Two Step very disappointing and Benny The Bull encouraging on his return :)

He'd best hurry up - think the only G1's at 7-8f left are the Kings Bishop and Cigar Mile in the late summer/fall.

Agree he looks promising though - particularly after last years failures and missing the Derby trail.

I've laid Mine That Bird

The horse was 50/1 for the Kentucky Derby and he won that.

He has run a huge race since then coming second in the Preakness proving it was no fluke.

You should really look up all the horses runs before you going laying a horse...this ain't his next run after his huge 50/1 run.

Back