Best groom killed in road accident on Friday

• Thread starter Thread starter ItalianStallion
  • Start date Start date
I

ItalianStallion

8238.jpg

JASON STOCKTON, a stable groom working for John Best, was killed in a road accident late on Friday night.

Stockton, 32, had been with Best only a matter of months, but he was well known in racing communities in different parts of the country, having previously worked for Richard Fahey, Lynda Ramsden, and more recently Barry Hills.

Best said: "Jason was tragically knocked over by a car on the A249, close to the yard. He had been with me only a few months, but he had settled in quickly and was a great part of the team. He had brought a lot of experience with him and was a great help with our two-year-olds.

"He got on well with everyone and he will be greatly missed. Our thoughts are with his girlfriend Lauren Harper, who works at the yard, and with Jason's family."

Details of the funeral arrangements will be posted on Best's website as soon as they are known. Inthe meantime a group has been set up on Facebook called Jason Stockton 1976-2009.

R.I.P, only 32 aswell :(

He looks a really good person judging by the photo.

God bless all those he left behind they must be devastated.

It's likely to be an emotional time at Lingfield tomorrow: the second race at 2.50 is the 'Celebrating the Life of Jason Stockton' handicap, so spare a thought for this young man when you're placing your bets.

Back