Bet £3.65 - joke outfit.

Shadow Leader

At the Start
I rarely bet with this ridiculous firm anymore, I've just been reminded why. Ask for a £2 ew trixie for the Cheltenham Festival and the tossers tell me I can only have a 75p ew trixie, please wait whilst this bet is referred to a trader to see if you can have more than your max. So I wait - for too long - and whichever twat operating the other end tonight (whose balls clearly haven't dropped yet) eventually sends a message back to say no, your request has been declined, you can only have a 75p ew trixie. FFS! It's the Cheltenham Festival, the races concerned being the Gold Cup, Arkle and Champion Hurdle - not three scumbag each way races at Wolverhampton on a Monday! Grow some bloody testicles - Glenn, if you're reading this, I'm disappointed that you've stooped so low as to work for such an inept excuse of a firm, they're pathetic!!!

Ok, rant over. :whistle:

You flatter me Luke!

I had a very small amount on - I need to feed my horses!!!! - but it had been the plan to back him for a week now and maybe I told a friend or two he was worth a punt....

I'm now utterly gobsmacked as I thought I'd have a mess around to see what Sid James wouldn't lay me in a silly ew canadian - they actually laid me!!! Thought I'd mess about asking for a 50p ew canadian that exceeded their max payout (£250k) - in days of yore they'd have said bog off, you can have a 1p ew canadian or none at all!!!!!

So Bet£3.65 look even stupider now!! :lol:

Oh dear - £3.65 are still quoting Wingwalker for the Derby, although I must say 50/1 looks really quite stingy, all things considered....

And to compound the insult, a Bet365 representative was given airtime today on ATR to blather on about their Cheltenham "offers".
TBH, this says everything about ATR's disregard for their viewers intelligence that they would provide a platform for this muppet bookmaking outfit.

Hmmm. I opened an account with this firm a fortnight ago (early prices etc), one of the first things I did was put on a yankee (lucky 63) NRNB for Cheltenham involving a few of the handicaps - payout would be the maximum of 1 million. That makes SL tale all the much harder to get my round. You must be a first class punter.;)

Last edited:
It's not just ATR, icebreaker - all the channels, Ch4 and BBC included, indulge these ridiculous firms that won't entertain laying a bet, Stan James, SkyBet, Boylesports, need I go on?!

That's the point, martin - I barely bet with them, I'm far from a genius punter - they're just bloody hopeless. As soon as you back a few winners with them, that's it - account boshed. That's completely aside from the fact I possibly have 5 or 6 bets with them a year, not hefty either, and I can't remember the last time I backed a winner with them, let alone took them for a few quid!

Last edited:
These threads do my head in. OK I agree with your point that your bet should have been taken but as your account is no doubt full of "trade", are you surprised? What exactly do you expect firms to do with your account?

Another thing, Bet365 are first up on Irish racing which reflects so badly on the Irish firms it's not true. They are also constantly top price on sporting events. I happen to think they are a knocking good bookmaker and one I would be at a disadvantage not to have an account with.

I wonder if SL is backing online with them or if she is on the phone and has......
- no better not go there LOL

Seriously, there must be a reason why they wouldn't take a £2.00 e/w trixie or whatever it was. And it can't be to do with the amount they might be due to lose since even a winning payout on the horses SL has mentioned she fances, let alone the more probable e/w payout, doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the scheme of things. So what's the beef?

I'd imagine it's to do with having a bet from GIB myself. Having said that I'm in no doubt SL is better equipped than me to explain why which is why this thread is a sham and a how big are my balls thread... SL does not have balls but hey BET365 were not to know that....

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous Dom, I agree. The liability difference against the chances of the bet copping are obvious that it's better to lay it rather than knock it back. Drop me a PM if you want, I know quite a few people who work there.

I've had 2 job interviews there and been offered both positions but I turned them both down as they turned out to not be what they originally said they were and some of their trading on sports and organisation was questionable.

That said, I think 365's website and customer services are excellent compared to a lot of the big online bookmakers. There's also a cracking loophole to cash in on free bets on the site :)

I agree with Dom on 365 , long have I stopped bothering to try and get on.

Air Lion first time out a few weeks back they quote 17/2 first price, I try to place £100 ew and they offer me £8.25 ew, I thought F it.

Ended up having to take 11/2 and 6s with bigger firms later on.

However I must say credit to Stan James. They are one firm I never struggle to get on, I thought I may be knocked back yesterday on a couple of bets but I wasn't including a £1.50 Ew lucky 31 (£93) yesterday with darkness 10/3, Alfloramora 25/1, Wednesday Country 12/1, Bambi De L'Orme 8/1 & Midas way 5/1.

Paid well as well (just over 4,100 after a Harry the Hawk R4), thought Bambi was gonna win 2 out, either that or William Hill Commentary were just trying to keep me on the phone longer.

They are all joke outfits without exception. I could show you several accounts for each of them (including the "big" 3) where the limits would be no better than what bet 365 offered Dom.

You'd think the big firms would let you get a bet on but having been cut to 0p by Ladbrokes over the internet and been put on hold for 4 minutes while they referred a £5 bet for my OH on a 7/2 shot in a Grade 1 and having tried to back an unraced horse for the Champion Bumper ante-post on the day only to be told to call back AFTER it had run I begin to wonder who some of these firms employ or how exactly they go about running their business.

The Champion Bumper horse was beate and so was the 7/2 shot.

So many assumptions, Gearoid - tell me, why would I be putting bets on in Gib when I haven't been there in two years? And no, the account isn't 'full of trade' - as I stated more than once, I rarely use them and I'm not taking them to the cleaners.

I was hacked off since even if my account was full of trade and I was taking them to the cleaners, EVERY bookmaker should lay a £2 trixie at the Festival to anyone, for Chrissakes. It's a ridiculous decision and just goes to show what an unprofessional and laughable outfit they are. Not to mention that their traders clearly don't do any account analysis any more, or they'd have relaxed the restrictions on my account, which quite a few others have done.

So many assumptions, Gearoid - tell me, why would I be putting bets on in Gib when I haven't been there in two years? And no, the account isn't 'full of trade' - as I stated more than once, I rarely use them and I'm not taking them to the cleaners.

I was hacked off since even if my account was full of trade and I was taking them to the cleaners, EVERY bookmaker should lay a £2 trixie at the Festival to anyone, for Chrissakes. It's a ridiculous decision and just goes to show what an unprofessional and laughable outfit they are. Not to mention that their traders clearly don't do any account analysis any more, or they'd have relaxed the restrictions on my account, which quite a few others have done.

I could not disagree more. Your account deserves nothing.

I'd hope a big firm like Ladbrokes wouldn't be refering any bets under £25 or so. Would be happy to take a lesser price on the bumper bet too - X at 40/1 and the rest at 33's say.

I have to say I just think it's a waist of time, even Lads. won't lay me Hills will buck the prices are not always that good,
I had layed Darkness you were lucky there, Flame

Andy I agree Darkness may have seemed fortunate but jumpings the name of the game, okay I R jumped through a rail, but there was still four more fences to jump and Darkness was by no means treading water.

Back